Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

TFDi pricing for MD-11 announced

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I admit to being somewhat puzzled by this PBR textures fetish that seems to be sweeping the flight simulation community. I appreciate that they are an improvement over existing textures, but I get the feeling that some flight simmers see it as a "PBR textures or no purchase for me" issue. Maybe it is because I only run P3Dv4 @ 1080p resolution on a 24" widescreen monitor, but I personally think that the non PBR textures in the VCs of my PMDG 737 and 777 look excellent.

The lighting that comes from pbr in my opinion can’t be matched by the older style of aircraft. The original ngx and current 777 look extremely dated to me. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

$90? Mmmm... too much for my liking (and my ever devaluating ARS). I can wait till a Black Friday.

There are so few planes in my FSX/P3D hangar (and none in my MSFS one) for which I paid full price. I'll wait and see in the meantime.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

12 hours ago, C2615 said:

If it's 717 quilty, AKA no failures and lacks some FMC function, it's kinda over priced IMO....

TFDI are marketing this as beyond their 717 quality i.e. another step up.

I think it was at FSExpo last year they claimed the MD-11 will be "beyond Study Level", whatever this really means.

My own interpretation is, could this be quotes "Training Level" ?? That may be possble if they are releasing this Extended Simulation Package add-on.

I would be interested to hear what everyone else thinks about what "beyond study level" means to them?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I am a big fan of the MD-11 and looking forward to getting it.  Compared to other aircraft of this quality from other developers, the price seems reasonable.  Having played "you bet your job" in the a sim every six months  for way too long, I most likely will pass on the Extended Simulation Package.

My wingman from Vietnam flew the MD-11 for almost 20 years and had a great saying about it - "It's like my ex, fun to fly but unforgiving." 🤣

• Like 3

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Who was that AVSIM member who always mentioned the PMDG MD-11 in just about every post? Is he still here? If so, I am sure that he would be interested in this product.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Less enthusiasm from the 'other' sub-forum and elsewhere online, than on this thread.

Questioning of the length of time it took TFDi to get the 717 to a mature state. That, and the fact that pricing has been announced before the usual wave of promo screenshots and videos of the product in action, is not sitting well for some people.
I'd like this to be my next aircraft purchase, but I'm not convinced at the moment.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Less enthusiasm from the 'other' sub-forum and elsewhere online, than on this thread.

Questioning of the length of time it took TFDi to get the 717 to a mature state. That, and the fact that pricing has been announced before the usual wave of promo screenshots and videos of the product in action, is not sitting well for some people.
I'd like this to be my next aircraft purchase, but I'm not convinced at the moment.

they've had some really cool live streams where they have given a nice glimpse into the airplane.  My only question is trying to figure out if this is a near or medium term release. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

they've had some really cool live streams where they have given a nice glimpse into the airplane

Not on their website, nor their Twitch and YouTube channels, it seems.
If they've been uploaded to FB and/or Discord, it's up to developers to remember that putting content on easy to view platforms gets wider engagement.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

36 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Not on their website, nor their Twitch and YouTube channels, it seems.
If they've been uploaded to FB and/or Discord, it's up to developers to remember that putting content on easy to view platforms gets wider engagement.

It was thru their discord and on twitch.  they've had atleast a couple. But yes i think youtube is the better place

Yes, that project is moving along. No news of a release date yet but I  am just pleased they are continuing to work on a new product for P3D.

Looking forward to flying the 3 -holer when the time comes!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

For me the price is acceptable for a solidly good addon. I have the 717 and really like it. However I remember how long it took TFDi to get the 717 right after initial release.  

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

In contrast to today's earlier news regarding cancelled airliner developments, TFDi has released some more detail on their MD-11 progress

https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/blogs/entry/64-fall-2022-development-update/

tl;dr it's still coming to P3D, concurrently with the MSFS version. ETA September 2023.

• Like 2