Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Feline Idiosyncrasies...

Do any of your cats have starnge habits?

I have my iPhone flat on my desk with a cord plugged into the charger.  When my Russian Blue is sitting on my desk and the phone rings she gets up and lays on top of it.  I have to push her away to answer the phone.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Oh yes, cats have a thing about lying on stuff. Put a magazine down, an item of cloths, anything, and they will lie on it. My daughter left an item of clothes on the floor the other day that she was intending to send back, yep, cat went to sleep on it.

And keyboards, when he was younger my cat used to lie on my keyboard.

And boxes, small boxes, super mega small boxes, the smaller the better... somehow they squeeze themselves in. 

Any letters arrive, yep, they lie on them. 

Yeah, I had two who loved boxes. Bigger boxes they reserved for single usage. Smaller one's were preferred for two (at the same time).

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Cats are so weird, which is exactly why I love 'em. The strange places my 2 cats can put themselves just crack me up. Bags, boxes, doll carriages, behind curtains, closets, you name it...and yea, all my winter wear (hats, gloves, etc) are smothered in cat hair. And I'm allergic to the little imps! They entertain me so much I don't care. 😁   

• Like 3

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

My four year old Tortie isn't a box cat... but she has a 6th sense for when im about to get up... no matter how long i lay awake in bed, she will arrive when i decide its time to get up and camp out on top of me pinning me to the bed. Worst thing ever honestly... terrible... yup, totally.

All cats are strange, none of them are quite right and some are downright psychotic.  Just my experiences with cats.  Dogs, on the other hand, can truly be man's best friend.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

We have a nine year old ginger tom stealth cat..... Seems his one purpose in life is to appear from nowhere like a ninja to see if you can avoid tripping over him.  That, or walk along beside one of us then cut across your path and stop suddenly.  I mean, when will these animals come with turn indicators and stop lights ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KevinJH said:

We have a nine year old ginger tom stealth cat..... Seems his one purpose in life is to appear from nowhere like a ninja to see if you can avoid tripping over him.  That, or walk along beside one of us then cut across your path and stop suddenly.  I mean, when will these animals come with turn indicators and stop lights ?

😀 Watch out for stairs. The way they suddenly veer in front of you when you are on your way down stairs is scary. I think most cat owners have experienced this and have adapted their technique to accommodate.

Because we have very steep stairs I hold on to the spindles on the landing as I take the first few steps. My cat knows this, waits for it, and has great fun attacking my hand as I do so. He then races around me and zooms downstairs on my left hand side. I'm ready of course and move my left leg out of the way so he can shoot past at the speed of light. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 4:47 PM, martin-w said:

And keyboards, when he was younger my cat used to lie on my keyboard.

lol, my cat used to jump on the piano occassionally.. Not what you want to hear in the middle of the night.😃

• Like 2

I attribute all my bad luck to our cat Blackie who crosses my path a dozen times a day.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I have a coffee mug someone gave me decades ago. There's a cat curled up, presumably asleep, and the inscription on both side of the cup is:  "CATS KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL...(They just don't  give a damm, but they know.)"

Regards,

Claude Franklin

22 hours ago, icewater5 said:

lol, my cat used to jump on the piano occassionally.. Not what you want to hear in the middle of the night.😃

But what tune did he play? Mozart Piano Concerto no 27?

everything is somewhere on the axis of happy!

👿cucumber........................something......................................paper bag 😺

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I think you ned to extend your line at the happy end of the scale to include cardboard boxes that are too small.

• Like 1