Sign in to follow this  
Kilopapa

ChasePlane and Majestic Dash Q400 Pro P3D5.3 - AP disconnect

Hi all,

I use CP with Q400 and created four presets for my favorite views (Pilot/FO/Overhead/Pedestrial). This works fine when selecting the presets from the CP GUI by mouse clicks. But I usually control my presets by using four buttons of an hardware controller, which are all set up by selcting "Assign Buttton". This configuration works fine for all P3D addons.

Except for the Dash which does not like the use of buttons because each time I change the view the Autopilot disconnects. I have doublechecked the button assignments within FSUIPC, but there are no conflicts. Changing the views manually by panning and zooming works fine as well. Effects are on "0".

Does anyone have an idea?

[Edit: Found out only one button causes the problem. I deleted the assignment for that one but it still disconnects the AP.]

Best regards

Kp

Edited by Kilopapa

Kilopapa

I've found such issues before, and I've had to go through the P3D settings all of the joysticks, yokes, throttles etc. etc. to ensure there are no conflicts. I'm not at my home computer right now (lunch break at work), so I can't quite remember what the P3D menu is called ... something like "joystick assignments" or "controller assignments."

Anyway, to lessen the likelihood of this issue recurring, I ended up going through all peripherals, removing assignments that were unnecessary, and then saving my configuration. Every now and then, things go wonky, so I just go back into that menu and re-load my config file.

So ... I suggest doing this to see if there are any conflicts there.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thanks, but I have deactivated all controllers in P3D because I prefer using FSUIPC. And as far as I can see the button in question is not assigned to any FSUIPC command or P3D action. Anway there must be an "AP disconnect" command somewhere. I hope to somehow figure out what is behind that.

Greetings to B.C. 🙂

Kilopapa