Sign in to follow this  
Bigbluss

Is the FBW320 good?

I use the vanilla A320 which flies for what I need it to do then again I don't really care to fly the A320 much.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

if the FBW team implements VNAV, Flex Takeoff and Autoland before Fenix releases thier model, I doubt I'll feel compelled to buy the latter. 

Autoland has been in the FBW for months.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I use the vanilla A320 which flies for what I need it to do then again I don't really care to fly the A320 much.

Nice.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

@Ricardo41. You forgot to preface your comment with “in my opinion...”.

You’re entitled to express an opinion within reasonable limits but please make it clear you speak for yourself and no one else. Your post is right on those limits.

For a more reasoned opinion the OP may wish to note @robert young‘s comments.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Neither of the 3 are the type of aircraft where you can just jump in and start flying without at least reading some documentation though

Yeah, but if OP flies DCS (assuming not just Flaming Cliffs) then they're very used to having to dig into the weeds to learn to fly a plane. 😉

I agree with everyone else - that FBW 320 is amazing. I expect high quality from paid developers, but these guys are releasing a very good jet for free. Every time I fly it I have to remind myself that the thing was free, because it's good enough that I feel like I had to have paid at least $50 for it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Ricardo41. You forgot to preface your comment with “in my opinion...”.

You’re entitled to express an opinion within reasonable limits but please make it clear you speak for yourself and no one else. Your post is right on those limits.

Ricardo post was sarcastic, you can see it with his tone and the wink at the end

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, bendead said:

Ricardo post was sarcastic, you can see it with his tone and the wink at the end

You forgot to preface your comment with “in my opinion...”.

• Like 2

Harry Woodrow

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I think @Ricardo41 was just having fun, a tongue in cheek post. He is loving FBW. 😉

• Like 5

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 hours ago, bendead said:

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I think @Ricardo41 was just having fun, a tongue in cheek post. He is loving FBW. 😉

One of the hardest emotions to put across in writing is sarcasm. I don’t know Ricardo, I’ve never met him so don’t know his personality.

I judge posts simply by their content. I’d love to be a mind reader but sadly AvSim management don’t send us on that course so I only have my judgement and common sense to rely on.

If it was indeed a tongue-in-cheek comment perhaps he could confirm that.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OFC it's Sarcasm !

A simple search in his Profile shows it ... Example:

P.S.: I almost never search forum profiles or go looking at it but this turn around I found it was for a good cause 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

15 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Had the same feeling, RaptryOne; in fact, if the FBW team implements VNAV, Flex Takeoff and Autoland before Fenix releases thier model, I doubt I'll feel compelled to buy the latter.  FBW also is WAY ahead in ancillary features...it has the remote CDU, Simbrief integration, and multiple Virtual Copilot options I find indispensable.  

Well...FLEX TO and Autoland is already implemented 😉 so we got 2 of your 3 points 🙂

We recently did a lot of work for the thrust limits and they should be also a big step forward in accuracy, especially also the FLX limits.

VNAV is already in the works...but will still take some time until completed...it's a really complex system and to get the predictions right a lot of parameters need to match. But I have no doubts we will achieve a very good implementation.

ATA-22-VNAV.jpg

Edited by AGuther
  • Like 10

20 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

It also doesn't have a working VNAV...YET! But, if you're a pilot with any kind of chops, that shouldn't be an issue. I agree with what everyone else has said. The FBW and CJ4 Mod will get you the closest. They're very good freeware aircraft that will definitely hold you over until more heavy-hitters come out in a couple of months. 

I think an Airbus without proper managed modes is not an Airbus. Managed modes is a bare minimum in my opinion

vatsim s3

1133704.png

18 hours ago, wims80 said:

I think an Airbus without proper managed modes is not an Airbus. Managed modes is a bare minimum in my opinion

It's comming, as the devs say, and since they started pooring in all of the features we presently have I turned into a true believer in that Team !

And... IT's FREE !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...