Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

The TDSSim GTNXi now features a full VC integration!

38 minutes ago, Mace said:

How are you getting the TDS to work in the VC of the Turbo Arrow?  I just updated my Turbo Arrow to the latest version and still no-go.  I have the same old choices in my tablet and that is WITH the TDS app running in the background.

Did you update your TDS version to the latest?  If you have a Steam install (of MSFS), a few users were having issues with that two days ago.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I have a question TDS GTNXI. Can it load  MSFS flight plan or  MSFS weather? Or not?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Did you update your TDS version to the latest?  If you have a Steam install (of MSFS), a few users were having issues with that two days ago.

I just downloaded it tonight, so I think I have the latest version.  I have the store install...does that matter?

Should the TDS have something in the /Community folder?  Mine does not.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

How are you getting the TDS to work in the VC of the Turbo Arrow?  I just updated my Turbo Arrow to the latest version and still no-go.  I have the same old choices in my tablet and that is WITH the TDS app running in the background.

When you toggle through the GPS choices on the tablet, do you not get two GTN options?

Bert

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So I have a question TDS GTNXI. Can it load  MSFS flight plan or  MSFS weather? Or not?

No and no.

You can either enter the flightplan by hand, or export a gfp flightplan out of LittleNavMap and load it.

• Upvote 1

Bert

13 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

When you toggle through the GPS choices on the tablet, do you not get two GTN options?

The tablet has the same choices it's always had.    GPS 100, GNS530/430.    The TDS app is running in the background.  Perhaps I haven't installed the relevant unit in the app?   I'll activate all of them in hopes that one of them will "take".

Edited by Mace
caint spel

Rhett

18 minutes ago, Mace said:

The tablet has the same choices it's always had.    GPS 100, GNS530/430.    The TDS app is running in the background.  Perhaps I haven't installed the relevant unit in the app?   I'll activate all of them in hopes that one of them will "take".

If you keep clicking, you should get more options

I get five different choices, regardless of apps running or not.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

In VR, is there a possibility to display a floating pop-up window of the GTN (as it is for example with the RXP GTN in P3D)?

That would be brillant as reading  details on the GTN integrated in the cockpit is difficult…  

6 hours ago, Mace said:

I just downloaded it tonight, so I think I have the latest version.  I have the store install...does that matter?

V1.0.1.2 is the latest I have.

6 hours ago, Mace said:

Should the TDS have something in the /Community folder?  Mine does not.

You should have the folder "tds-gtnxi-gauge"  in the Community.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 hours ago, Mace said:

There was a release very recently - update your GPS manager first then download and install updated GTN via the new gps manager.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Has there been any word from Carenado about VC integration? 

Email them and ask for integration.  That's what I've done.  Full integration would allow for proper HSI flags (nav/gs) and glide path for rnav(gps) approaches to lpv and other minimums.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

43 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Email them and ask for integration.  That's what I've done.  Full integration would allow for proper HSI flags (nav/gs) and glide path for rnav(gps) approaches to lpv and other minimums.

Nice, done! Let's see how this one goes.

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

You should have the folder "tds-gtnxi-gauge"  in the Community.

I do /not/.    That's weird. 

Rhett

Says it works with the Baron but does it ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png