Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

The TDSSim GTNXi now features a full VC integration!

I recently saw this and impulse purchased it...  Only to read the features afterwards that full support is not available worldwide (I'm mainly interested in Australia).  More so, is there anything in particular we need to do to have it integrated into the VC of the Arrow 3?  I had a look at the manual or googled around, but to no avail...

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

4 hours ago, Brenchen said:

More so, is there anything in particular we need to do to have it integrated into the VC of the Arrow 3?  I had a look at the manual or googled around, but to no avail...

search "tds gtnxi arrow 3"

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

8 hours ago, Brenchen said:

I recently saw this and impulse purchased it...  Only to read the features afterwards that full support is not available worldwide (I'm mainly interested in Australia).  More so, is there anything in particular we need to do to have it integrated into the VC of the Arrow 3?  I had a look at the manual or googled around, but to no avail...

Australia is as well supported as Europe.. 😉

As for the Arrow, you need to have the latest version from JustFlight and it will appear as a GPS option on the tablet.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Australia is as well supported as Europe..

As for the Arrow, you need to have the latest version from JustFlight and it will appear as a GPS option on the tablet.

Bert, is the TDS that you integrated into the C337 clickable? If so, how did you mod the panel.cfg?

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

33 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Bert, is the TDS that you integrated into the C337 clickable? If so, how did you mod the panel.cfg?

[Vcockpit10]

htmlgauge00=Gauge/tdsgtnxicorelogic.html, 0,0,1,1
htmlgauge01=WasmInstrument/WasmInstrument.html?wasm_module=Gauge/TDSGTNXiGaugeModule.wasm&wasm_gauge=GTNXI750U1, 0, 0, 650,768

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Holy smokes, it actually works in the Mooney as well! The HSI needles isn't slaved, but the TDS NXi is now in the panel, at the spot where the PMS would be, completely clickable, everything works! Thanks Bert!

Strangely enough, what doesn't seem to work in the Mooney is the glideslope capture on the ILS. APP mode is engaged, LOC is being captured, but not the GS. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

3 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Holy smokes, it actually works in the Mooney as well! The HSI needles isn't slaved, but the TDS NXi is now in the panel, at the spot where the PMS would be, completely clickable, everything works! Thanks Bert!

Strangely enough, what doesn't seem to work in the Mooney is the glideslope capture on the ILS. APP mode is engaged, LOC is being captured, but not the GS. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Correct needles and LPV glide path won't work unless Carenado actually does an integration.  Their XML files are hidden behind the .fsarchive DRM.  For some reason the 337 wasn't so a few of us were able to modify it.  The Seneca seems somewhat do-able but I've been so busy I've not had the time to look.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

This is where I ran into a roadblock... the Carenado files are encrypted and the few files that are accessible do not seem to allow me to direct the glideslope needle..  I am still looking for technical talent to help me through this.. while hoping that Carenado will pick up the challenge and offer to do this for us.

• Like 2

Bert

5 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

I have been flying the Mooney quite a bit in IFR the last couple of weeks and the ILS system seems to work fine. Just to be clear, the HSI is linked to NAV 1, which is tuned by the Garmin unit, not the VHF in the radio stack.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

25 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I have been flying the Mooney quite a bit in IFR the last couple of weeks and the ILS system seems to work fine. Just to be clear, the HSI is linked to NAV 1, which is tuned by the Garmin unit, not the VHF in the radio stack.

Agree, the ILS logic is OK, the RNAV LPV logic steers the autopilot OK, but does not show the glidepath.

Bert