Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG Preview Trailer Premiering Now

2 hours ago, simon747 said:

Usually when they allow beta testers to show what they are seeing it usually is two weeks + out; perhaps March for a release as it is just the -700 initially.  We can hope.😄

Ha, I hope so too 😄

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The displays look sharper in the NGXu in P3D so I'm not worrying they're going to release this as it is in the video. The information on the ND also seems to be slightly too far left, e. g. the GS in the top left corner looks almost like it's cut off a little. I'm sure this is still something to be corrected.

Thanks for the info

I do hope they improve them because the brake pressure gauge on the top is very sharp in comparaison.

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had all the variations of the PMDG 737 in P3D, and flew them for a couple of years. Looking at the videos, everything on the flight deck looked pretty much the same. I probably will pass on this one. 

And given what I understand of the rollout schedule all the variations will be introduced consecutively with the normal development and testing times for each. If you want them all, it'll be a while.

Does anybody understand their pricing model for this? I know he said they'll give us the option to cherry pick the ones we want, but if you buy 2 or 3, any savings?

Dan Cole

I am very happy for this release and keep my fingers crossed for this to happen asap, cause then they will start working on DC6 for P3D5 ... 😁

Artur 

My poor wallet in 2022😢

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

My poor wallet in 2022😢

Credit card reward points help to justify the spend.

[Tells wife that I got an airline voucher from spending. Doesn't tell wife it's from flight sim add-on purchases] 😅

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

duplicate

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

My poor wallet in 2022😢

spacer.png

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Seems like nobody else posted this, but here is Randazzo's latest update about the beta testing for the PMDG 737.  Of interest to note, in Randazzo's latest update, he mentions that the beta testers may be given permission to show images and their impressions of the PMDG 737 within one to two weeks.  Interestingly, Randazzo doesn't mention "live streaming" or "video" by the beta testers so it looks like the beta testers are confined to what they can show, if the restrictions are lifted in the next two weeks.  Anyways, Randazzo's full comments are below (or if you like, go to the link I posted which will take you to the PMDG forums with his comments):

[19FEB22] Development Update: PMDG 737 for MSFS - Beta Testing Continues. How does it look?
Today, 07:48
Captains,

Happy Saturday to you all. This has been another busy week in the PMDG 737 test program, with the beta team putting the airplane (and the dev team!  ) through its paces.

Now that we have dozens of users operating the airplane as a true airplane simulation, as opposed to our fairly regimented and un-adventurous test/debug sessions, it has dramatically increased the rate at which service reports are being entered into our tracking system. During the first week of beta testing we opened 114 new reports and resolved 78 of them, leaving us with a net gain of 36 so far this week.

The items being reported fit mostly into a couple of unofficial groups, with texture/model/graphic/clickspot/animation issues making up the vast majority of the items that were speedily resolved. There are the usual, expected smattering of system functionality reports from the tech team and beta testers with a lot of knowledge of the airplane, and then we have a new and interesting grouping that I describe generally as "PMDG vs. The Sim" stuff, where our system design is originally predicated on theories that work well in other sim platforms but require modification/adjustment/new ideas in order to work well with MSFS.

We also have the development team's favorite unofficial group, the "offensive initials not allowed?" grouping. In this group you will find reports of issues within long, well-tested systems that simply stop behaving properly on the new platform for reasons that don't make much sense to anyone... Hence the unofficial name of the group. Debugging these ones takes some group ingenuity because we still don't have a clear view of code execution when working with MSFS since the debugging tools are still in development. Asobo promised us in October that we'd have what we need by mid 2022, however- so we are very much looking forward to shedding this drag in the next few months! 

We are chipping through all of them slowly and methodically and the airplane we have now is already vastly improved over what we had a week ago. We will be pushing a new build out to our beta teams this weekend and overall this product is in better than average condition for the first week of testing. If we wished, we could put the product in your hands tomorrow and it would be good-to-purpose for nearly everyone. We want to be sure to get the fit-and-polish work done, and clean up as many of the items that we are seeing that might possibly be disruptive to you in normal operation, so we keep toiling away at it.

This is a fun period of development because we finally get to see what our beta team thinks of the product. Most of these guys have been with us a very long time and they know us well enough that they don't have to say nice things to preserve our feelings. They know what we are trying to accomplish and they do a superb job of ensuring that we have an honest, unvarnished view of how the product stands up against others in our history.

We aren't quite ready to take the restrictions off of the beta testers, but possibly next weekend or the weekend after, we may begin to let them show you what they have been working with, and we will let them give you their impressions, show you images, answer questions and tell you about performance. In the mean time, we know you guys are dying to see the airplane in more than just a screenshot, so I took a few minutes to cobble together a quick video overview for you.

Don't tune out after the first 90 seconds... You'll miss the best parts.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Going to have to seriously think about getting one of these me thinks...

Well, I have a 3d printer, some stepper motor and a couple of switches, this video makes me want to try building a motorised throttle, spoiler device

19 minutes ago, bendead said:

Well, I have a 3d printer, some stepper motor and a couple of switches, this video makes me want to try building a motorised throttle, spoiler device

Good luck 👍.  If you have the ability do it! I don’t so I got the guy in the video to build my throttle unit😃

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1

Note that the video description on YouTube says that this product will over time be expanded to include the other 3rd generation 737 versions (600, 800, 900) as well as the 4th generation up to the MAX 10.

Also, fun fact: The video talks about 40 years ago today, February 19 1982, in the beginning. This was the day of the first flight of the 757. Hint...

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD