Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Storm Eunice

He's nuts that guy😁 He always goes over the top on Big Jet TV. 

Meanwhile, here in Guernsey, ladies in their late 50's early 60's were swimming in the sea. 50 mph the gusts. 😷

The assigning of names to storms in the UK appears to have sparked hyperbole in the reporting of the weather.
Weaknesses in buildings, trees and the heads of lorry drivers who decided not to heed the loud warnings
not to drive light and high-sided vehicles in exposed locations in a gale, resulted in the usual crop of things
being blown over on a windy day.

Having experienced far too many hurricanes in my life I sympathize with the UK. High winds aren't to be taken lightly. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It was nasty, quite a few in the UK killed. Worst in decades. Eunice caused winds up to 122 mph in The Isle of White, highest ever! And now... another storm on the way, so that's three in a row. This one is called Franklin. 

Will hit from midnight tonight until 7am Monday. Lots of flood warnings and high winds alerts. 

On Friday my anemometer recorded a gust of 53mph in Cheadle Hulme, 35 miles from the Irish Sea. That was eclipsed this morning by Storm Franklin with a gust of 61mph at 07:08.

3" of rain in the last 9 days and still more today. Yesterday afternoon a squall line resulted in a rain rate of 12"/hr - a record for this station after 13 years of record keeping.

All down to the Jet Stream bringing storms from the other side of the pond.

http://www.cheadlehulmeweather.co.uk/today.htm

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

On Friday my anemometer recorded a gust of 53mph in Cheadle Hulme

Ray,

We are all waiting for the video of you landing the Concorde at Heathrow with real weather during storm Eunice. :biggrin:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

10 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

Ray,

We are all waiting for the video of you landing the Concorde at Heathrow with real weather during storm Eunice. :biggrin:

Ted

🤣 Ted, the landing would be a piece of cake. But making a video is beyond me. Sorry about that. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

But making a video is beyond me.

I understand Ray. Don't feel bad, I couldn't do either, land in that wind or make a video. :laugh:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

28 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I understand Ray. Don't feel bad, I couldn't do either, land in that wind or make a video. :laugh:

Ted

I’ve never attempted to land any aircraft in such conditions. But the auto-throttles on FSL Concorde are excellent so I would only need to point it towards the runway. One day when I’m bored maybe. 😉

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Spelling
  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather