Sign in to follow this  
Flyinggok

Blue Haze bug

Hey there,

was there ever a solution found for this blue haze stuff on objects in the distance which can be seen on some sceneries?

spacer.png

Cheers

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Planet Earth is called 'the blue planet' for a reason; it is because of the humidity that turns distant views blueish....

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

2 hours ago, phmcr said:

Planet Earth is called 'the blue planet' for a reason; it is because of the humidity that turns distant views blueish....

What? You think blue trees and green grass from 5 miles away is a normal look? 

OP, is your screenshot of default shaders? Are you on the latest version of P3D? I just flew into CPH and didn't see it this time. I have in the past so I think it was either fixed by LM or maybe it was an Envshade fix.

3 hours ago, phmcr said:

Richard Attenborough's series is named the "Blue Planet" because it deals with the oceans.
The latest series is named the "Green Planet" because it deals with plant life.
I had understood that the Earth looks blue because there is so much water, rather than the colour of the air.
In my admittedly limited experience, the typical haze is neither blue, nor green, where I live, it is grey.
Jimi Hendrix used to see purple haze apparently.

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Jimi Hendrix used to see purple haze apparently.

😆 Good one!

The Earth's atmosphere appears blue because when sunlight reaches the atmosphere, it is scattered in various directions by gases and particles in the air.

As blue light travels as shorter, smaller waves, it is scattered more than the other colors in the visible light spectrum.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/optical-effects/why-is-the-sky-blue

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The Earth's atmosphere appears blue because when sunlight reaches the atmosphere, it is scattered in various directions by gases and particles in the air.

Thanks, I understand that but the haze that I see is not blue, it is grey, whereas in the simulator, it is tinged with blue.
I am not widely travelled, so I don't know if there is blue haze elsewhere in the world but I have never seen it.

24 minutes ago, Reader said:

Thanks, I understand that but the haze that I see is not blue, it is grey, whereas in the simulator, it is tinged with blue.
I am not widely travelled, so I don't know if there is blue haze elsewhere in the world but I have never seen it.

Sorry, answered a different question than was asked.

You can get blue haze. It originates from tiny hydrocarbon particles released by vegetation which chemically react with ozone molecules. These particles scatter blue light more than oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere, giving places such as the Blue Mountains in N.S.W., Australia and the Smoky Mountains in TN, USA, their blue appearance.

Haze is usually white, just like clouds in the sky, because sunlight is scattered by much larger water droplets. These droplets scatter all colours almost equally, so sunlight remains white unless there's another factor (like described by vegetation above) involved.

TL;DR: It would appear that ubiquitous blue haze in P3D is overdone.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The problem is that the haze in P3D5 is just way too excessive with EA on - a big P3D5 turnoff for me and looks like the summer of 2019-20 in Australia when bushfires were raging over vast areas.  You get a similar effect in MSFS2020 and it gets complained about on a regular basis but they seem to have it under control at present.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
typo

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

EA is broken from very beginning and LM seems to be unable to set this properly.

My advice is to switch off EA, add Envshade and Reshade - with both addons u can get better and controllable results.

Artur 

Everything is better than the ugly brown haze produced by volumetric fog. I would like to have blue fog instead 🙂

Rgds
Reinhard

I think I was a bit unclear, the blue haze is not the problem, that looks real, the problem is that some scenery objects like trees in that case looks blue in the distnace.

That wasnt the case on older versions, I think this is a EA "bug" but its sad that it hasnt been adressed yet😞

I am still on 5.2, didn't tried it with 5.3.

Yes, I am using Envshade 🙂 but I have the same situation without Envshade and default shaders

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️