Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Piper Commanche

Hi Guys,

I have my eye on the Twin Commanche...

Anybody flying it in the latest version of Prepar3d v5.3 +HF2 ?

Also...what is the current version of the Baron 55 ?

11 hours ago, davenicoll said:

Hi Guys,

I have my eye on the Twin Commanche...

Also...what is the current version of the Baron 55 ?

Twin Commanche in P3DV5.3HF2? With lots of tweaking I can get everything to work except for the autopilot.  Tweaks include installing XMLtools64 in P3DV5, registry fixes to force the P3dV4.x installers to install in the P3DV5 folder, RealLights and Trueglass installers from ORBX and other tweaks.  Not recommended unless Milviz is giving it away. 

The latest version of the Baron 55 that I have is "MV-B55-v3.210625"

Regards,

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

14 hours ago, davenicoll said:

The Twin Comanche installer has been updated for P3D v. 5 (v2.210803), unfortunately though, Milviz is only supporting MSFS 2020. I currently have it in P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2.

As John has noted, the autopilot for the Twin Comanche has a bug; there was a patch to fix it but I do not know if it is still available. Also, the "Milviz Addon Management System" does not work with P3D version 5xx so you cannot custom configure the aircraft panel. 

Finally, I would agree with John regarding purchasing this aircraft. I strongly advise you first try to contact Oisin Little (aka "Osh") via his posted e-mail address: info@milviz.com regarding the issues raised. The only reason I have it installed is, the Twin Comanche is the aircraft I earned my multi-engine rating during the 1960's.

Hope this helps,

Raymie

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, raymie said:

The Twin Comanche installer has been updated for P3D v. 5 (v2.210803), unfortunately though, Milviz is only supporting MSFS 2020. I currently have it in P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2.

As John has noted, the autopilot for the Twin Comanche has a bug; there was a patch to fix it but I do not know if it is still available. Also, the "Milviz Addon Management System" does not work with P3D version 5xx so you cannot custom configure the aircraft panel.

Raymie

Thank you for the update Raymie, The installer I purchased for the Twin Comanche a couple of weeks ago is still for P3DV4.x.  I D/Led the new installer for P3DV5 from the support forums, but still has the autopilot issue.  The link mentioned in the support forums for a fix for the autopilot is a empty file, in other words a dead link. The tweaks I mentioned in my previous post are ones I used to get the 310 redux working. Other than the registry fix mentioned, they are not really tweaks, just separate installers for RealLights, TrueGlass and XMLtools64 along with manual XMLtools64 addition to the dll.xml file. With the "tweaks" I have installed, there were no differences on how the Twin Comanche worked between the version 4.x and version 5.x installers.  MVAMS seems to work ok for me.  I am able to change panels and enable and disable tip tanks if available in the four MILVIZ aircraft I have with no issues.  As mentioned. I'm using a registry fix to point the P3DV4 installers to P3DV5 and this has worked very well for various installers including the RealAir planes including their config programs and may be the reason why MVAMS works ok for me. Obviously, messing around with the registry and editing xml files is not for everybody.

I may use the Twin Comanche installer to install the Realights, Trueglass and XMLtools64 into P3Dv5 instead of the separated installers from various sources I was using before.  I will test someday to see if this will work for the 310 Redux with out having to do various tweaks mentioned other than a registry fix.

I was also able to add a 2D popup window autopilot to the Twin Comanche from another aircraft and disable the KAP-140 in the MVAMS and get the Autopilot to work that way.

I should point out if you can get MVAMS to work and change the panel to one without the autopilot, the plane appears to work ok. This was the original intend from Milviz, The KAP-140 was added after from what I've read. There may also be a manual way to change the panel as well.

Sadly, Milviz wants out of the P3D business. Other than the Autopilot issue with the Twin Comanche, the other four Milviz planes I own worked ok in P3DV5 before the P3DV5 installers came out with the "tweaks" mentioned.  With a proper installer for the MVAMS and the planes, they should work ok in P3DV5 without any modifications to the plane files other than the KAP-140 issue.

Finally, I will contact Osh and seen if Milviz can fix the link for the KAP-140.  Maybe he or someone from Milviz will read this post and do something about it as well.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Hi John,

Thanks for your helpful reply. 

Prior to my previous post, I did go to the Milviz support forum to make sure I had the right information regarding the updated P3D v 5 installer. I also saw the link to the autopilot patch is dead as I too tried it and found the same result as you noted.

You are correct regarding how the Twin Comanche was originally equipped with the "old school" panel. Due to a significant request by fellow simmers, Milviz made the option available with a more modern panel layout which also included the GTN 750 & 650 option. That "modern panel" option could be selected via the MVAMS

My initial installation of this aircraft was originally in P3D 3.4xx and at that time the MVAMS worked fine for me. However, once I updated to P3D 5.1 last year I could no longer get the MVAMS to work I would try the panel selections and other options but no changes to any of the Milviz aircraft I had in P3D 5xx. You are fortunate that MVAMS works for you. I am now trying to find a way to reinstall the GTN 750 & 650 option back into the panel without the usage of MVAMS. The difficult part for me is I am now using the Reality XP version of the 750 & 650 which is not supported by Milviz in their additional panel cfg. files included in the Twin Comanche aircraft folder.

Finally, I was fortunate to be able to acquire the autopilot patch while it was still available via the support forum. Unfortunately, I may have lost that patch due to a previous storage HD that crashed sometime ago. Hope you are able to get a reply back from Osh for it seems like Milviz crew are not monitoring this support forum at AVSIM any more, or at least as much as they once did.

Raymie

Thanks guys...

I went ahead and purchased from the Milviz site although if it was the updated Prepar3d v5 installer I had blank options on the installer and had to point it to my Prepar3d v5 folder.

All seems to have gone OK and everything appears to work although the panel is a little dark and I get no shadows.  

Where is the updated installer in the forums?

Dave

You can find the download link on the official Milviz Support Forum--Piper PA30 Support. You may have to contact Oisin Little (aka Osh) in order to give you access to the forum, specifically the Piper PA30 support forum, if you have not already. If you have not already done so you will need to submit proof of purchase to him.

Raymie

Just an update on the KAP-140 mod.  I contacted Milviz and Steve was able to get the link to KAP-140 mod working ok.  From my understanding and what I 've read, this mod only works in the default avionics mode.  The link is located in the PA-30 support forum in the post about the PA30 KAP-140 not working.

John C.

John C.