Sign in to follow this  
Archangelmj12

All about FSX cfg. Changes

The first thing you should know is that Win 10 will do everything possible to keep you in the dark about file changes.

Go into your menu, uncheck hidden files.

Go into search box, unplug internet.

Win 10 will always try to keep you powerless and will revert to internet rather then allow you access.

Type %appdata% then tap enter.

Go to Microsoft click fsx.

Go to fsx cfg and r click, make sure you are admin set admin at bottom set user and admin full privilege.

Make sure to use word wrap and never copy a file and paste in fsx ALWAYS CUT AND PASTE.

Now make you changes and use wordwrap.

Make a copy of this file when finished and place it in your safe file area on your system.

This is so if overwritten you don't have to hassle with changes all over again.

For a lesson on this and each cfg. Change and how to do the writing and understanding as all input regarding letters and numbers aren't consistent.

C Aviation has the manual.

Now on crashes, this is usually related to the first version of fsx, the second issue being changes in the 2 ND version which is Acceleration, and or the GOLD pack.

This is actually related to you're screen size and the menu tap.

You can make the widescreen change in the cfg. As Widescreen=False to Widescreen=True 

On the screen from standard just stretch the screen, and to note, your screen is actually additional ram, the more you have in shortcuts the more ram you lose.

You can change this in personal appearances.

Admin in control panel, amount of ram click lower left screen advanced to appearances, set for performance below set minimum to half 1/4 total ram, set upper to just below full amount, this will give you the best option along with this in cfg.

Under GRAPHICS 

TYPE HIGHMEMFIX=1

RESTART YOUR SYSTEM. Enjoy.

I'm running a hp cq56 laptop with 4096 ,a single core, and hd graphics and running orbx world entire, mil bases 1 and 2 , 57 different MAIW fleets with bases, and half of the U.S. in megaphotoscenery, and this runs fast more so then my quad-core and above because of working the system.

Learn the system, learn the cfg. And you will see the changes.

Another thing, if you get glitches usually your in a aircraft with graphics contempt with the application or graphics.

It's easy, go to menu, and drop graphics speed down a notch, you won't notice the difference in speed affecting graphics.

Your computer is telling to your moving to fast for graphics to be applied.

Conflicts in programs. Whew.

Always hide fsx menu and keep mouse off screen away from and menus, opposite side of screen, anything under fsx will affect it.

Good luck, Happy Holiday, Semper Fidelis. Sure do miss Thomas. He set me up with my first KMIV download.

After reading this, i figured it would be a better Tip & Trick!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: