Sign in to follow this  
hvw

What a pleasant surprise in FBW's A32NX

For everyone having complaints about low volumes on the ambient sounds, passenger boarding and crew calls, we'd suggest adjusting the MSFS Audio Sliders in the general settings, specifically the "Miscellaneous" slider (it can be set to 100) as all the ambient sounds are connected to this particular audio bus.

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

The boarding sounds seem very soft to me from the cockpit with the door unlocked. I'm using surround sound - Dolby Atmos with 5.1.2 speakers. Interior wing view sounds are audible but too low in volume in my opinion.

Understood, that is what I am struggling with a bit also.  One thing I did notice, and this seems very odd, is the pax boarding sound (door unlocked) is very soft as you and I state.  However, the de-boarding sound once at the gate (triggered by entering 0 in the number of pax in the MCDU W/B) is actually louder and quite realistic.  This makes me think the sound file is played at a louder volume or... the boarding sound is being reduced by another sound in the cockpit that occurs when power is put on the jet (fans? pumps?...).  Either way, interesting.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, sidnov said:

For everyone having complaints about low volumes on the ambient sounds, passenger boarding and crew calls, we'd suggest adjusting the MSFS Audio Sliders in the general settings, specifically the "Miscellaneous" slider (it can be set to 100) as all the ambient sounds are connected to this particular audio bus.

All my volume sliders in the sim are set to maximum already. Headphone mode is off and surround sound activated in the sim.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

7 hours ago, Watsi said:

We are also planning to prepare an announcement and documents update for onboard ambience sounds.

Is there any talk amongst contributors to add a copilot, like the Flight Engineer from PMDG's DC-6, or the FO from FS2Crew?

The A320 is a multicrew aircraft requiring two pilots. It would be a serious increase in immersion to be able to go through flows / run checklists with the PNF.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

8 hours ago, WestAir said:

Is there any talk amongst contributors to add a copilot, like the Flight Engineer from PMDG's DC-6, or the FO from FS2Crew?

The A320 is a multicrew aircraft requiring two pilots. It would be a serious increase in immersion to be able to go through flows / run checklists with the PNF.

Already exists;

here the base package which is free, and works with the MSFS A320 and FBW A320:  Basic Package

here is the advanced payware package with enhancements for the FBW A320:  Enhanced Package

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

We plan to add an option for a PF/PM callouts - e.g. "positive rate, gear up", etc in the future. But I would say an automated copilot is out of the scope of our development, especially given how automated much of the workload is in an Airbus, compared to three crew older aircraft such as the DC-6.

• Like 6

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

3 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

But I would say an automated copilot is out of the scope of our development

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

Try (free trial available) Multi Crew Experience. It is covering that and much more, such as Co-Pilot work-flow and check-lists (what you want), Co Pilot talking to ATC, interaction with ground and cabin crew. A very large number of aircraft are already covered and so is the FBW A320. It uses voice recognition.

I have been using MCE since its very beginning several years ago with FSX and P3D, now MSFS, great product and great support here on AVSIM they have their own forum.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Is there a way to turn up the volume of those sounds ?

In cabine view I can't barely hear it.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, sidnov said:

Did I mention crying babies? 😆

I doubt if I am the only person willing to pay good money to turn that option off if it ever materialised 🙂 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

SOLVED:

I am on this thread as I related an issue I had with volume and being able to hear the pax loading/unloading.  I wanted to report back that I have discovered what my issue was.  These FBW sound files general volume is controlled by the in sim Sound Setting 'Aircraft Miscellanous'.  I had previously set this down to about 10% to quite the noise on the cockpit fans.  Since I have boosted this to about 60% I can now hear the boarding/deboarding and cabin sounds much much better.

Just wanted to bring my comments to a close.  Thanks

• Like 3

Hey all, this is a quite old topic, so I'm replying to it a month late, however I want to clarify a few things.

I have tweaked the volume of the announcements and the passenger ambience for it to be a realistic level. I won't be adding a slider because imo for sound it should be as realistic as possible, and the volume will be generally realistic for these sounds.

The cockpit door is able to be "opened" even though it doesn't show it visually. If you use the door lock switch on the pedestal, set it to unlock and you will hear everything like passengers speaking, and flight attendant announcements.

Now for people who have volume sliders all over the place in msfs settings - set EVERYTHING to 100, other than music/voices as those do not matter. This will give you the most realistic soundscape and cause the least issues. For EFB sliders those should be set to the 0 (middle, default) value to get the most realistic soundscape, except for exterior master as that is all custom.

Edited by Hotshotp