Sign in to follow this  
Giantpickle

Alpha India Group Path Too Long Error

I've recently installed the AIG mod. First, the reason I'm asking on the AVSIM forums is because my registration on the AIG forums still has not been approved.
I continue to get this error at every step: 

Your OCI installation is located in a directory that will come close to the maximum path-length of 255 characters!
To make sure AIM runs without issues it is suggested to move the OCI package somewhere else.
Use the Move-Option in the OCI settings to relocate the package and add a junction-link in your community directory so MSFS and AIM can detect the new OCI location without issues.

I cannot seem to find the Move-Option menu in settings, and I'm not sure if it's complaining about the directory I placed the installer in (B:\MSFS\AIG\AIG AI Manager) or my community folder, which I cannot change the location of (C:\Users\AAA A\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community)
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I used this video for reference, I had the same problem but cannot remember how now. Hopefully this will guide you.. 

• Upvote 1

I remember there is one point in the setup where you are asked if you want to install AIG to the default location. The default directory with a long pathname is already entered in the box, and it tells you "you must use this directory." You can, however, enter a new location with a much shorter pathname say D:\ and the setup will use that..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dobee51 said:

I remember there is one point in the setup where you are asked if you want to install AIG to the default location. The default directory with a long pathname is already entered in the box, and it tells you "you must use this directory." You can, however, enter a new location with a much shorter pathname say D:\ and the setup will use that..

Is it possible to change the location later, or will I need to reinstall the whole app?

If you don't change it to another folder, I think you will keep getting that long file error. So I don't see any benefit in doing it later rather than sooner.