Sign in to follow this  
SpaceForceCapt

Looking for laminated checklists

Anyone know of a place that sells laminated checklists for the various aircraft we fly in MSFS?  I'd really like to find one for the TBM 930.  I was able to download a few pdfs, and also the actual POH, so I guess I could DIY something, but was curious.

Why not just buy a Laminating machine (they are not expensive) and roll your own. I also bought a slicer and have used the combination for years and of course you can always adjust the size to suit your need. Be it printing checklists down to ID cards.

• Like 2

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I mean it's an awesome business idea that I'm sure is not a lot of effort, but has the market for it. Dibs. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

59 minutes ago, SpaceForceCapt said:

I could DIY something, but was curious

40 minutes ago, yellowjack said:

Why not just buy a Laminating machine (they are not expensive) and roll your own. I also bought a slicer and have used the combination for years and of course you can always adjust the size to suit your need.

I laminated kneeboard sized checklists and performance settings for years with a machine.  I have since moved those docs to my iPad and iPhone as pdf files.  They are easy to access that way with the Acrobat app and I am able to zoom in for larger print and scroll pages.  I create them in Microsoft Excel and thus can store and modify them as I learn each particular aircraft.  My Windows 10 print routines provides a "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer option in the print dialog.  Here is a pdf I use as a checklist just to get MSFS started.

image.png.9e146d1cfd34b373dfb625c586c66d16.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

38 minutes ago, yellowjack said:

Why not just buy a Laminating machine (they are not expensive) and roll your own. I also bought a slicer and have used the combination for years and of course you can always adjust the size to suit your need. Be it printing checklists down to ID cards.

Got one from my wife as a Birthday present back in December and now have many laminated Checklists 😉 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

Got one from my wife as a Birthday present back in December and now have many laminated Checklists 😉

Tell me you're getting older without telling me you're getting older haha! I would love a laminating machine for a present. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yellowjack said:

The ID card idea would've come in handy back in college, haha😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpaceForceCapt said:

Anyone know of a place that sells laminated checklists for the various aircraft we fly in MSFS?  I'd really like to find one for the TBM 930.  I was able to download a few pdfs, and also the actual POH, so I guess I could DIY something, but was curious.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

15 hours ago, SpaceForceCapt said:

Anyone know of a place that sells laminated checklists for the various aircraft we fly in MSFS?

I doubt it. There are too many planes and too many kinds of 'checklists' in order to make this work. Just look at the two lists that are posted in this topic: neither come close to a real world checklist. They are more or less personal to do lists with a lot of sim-related information. They contain a lot of stuff not found on regular checklists. I wonder how many simmers actually use real world checklists. I myself also always create personal to do lists, mainly to use while learning a plane and secondly in order to get back into flying a plane whenever I haven't flown it for a few months or so: my to do lists would be quite useless for real world use. So no, I don't think starting a business to create and sell laminated checklists is a good idea.

I am sure there is some sort of copy shop in your city where you can laminate your prints!

Any real pilot shop will have these for most GA aircraft.  Here is what is available at Sporty's:

https://www.sportys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=laminated+checklist

• Like 1

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

2 hours ago, cshark172 said:

Any real pilot shop will have these for most GA aircraft.  Here is what is available at Sporty's:

https://www.sportys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=laminated+checklist

Great answer to his question. All well and good.  However there are perhaps 20X more checklist items on those real life lists than are modeled in the sim aircraft.  So they are nice to read and understand but overkill for use in the simulator.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

57 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Great answer to his question. All well and good.  However there are perhaps 20X more checklist items on those real life lists than are modeled in the sim aircraft.  So they are nice to read and understand but overkill for use in the simulator.

The items that do not apply to the sim, I just skip over.   I like using real-world checklists.  I find with an A2A aircraft I'm skipping a lot less 😎 👍

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

42 minutes ago, Mace said:

I find with an A2A aircraft I'm skipping a lot less

Same for me in the RealAir Duke and Turbo Duke v2.  The Simworks Kodiak 100 is the only GA model I have found for MSFS with any significant depth.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

On 2/25/2022 at 3:41 AM, fppilot said:

Same for me in the RealAir Duke and Turbo Duke v2.  The Simworks Kodiak 100 is the only GA model I have found for MSFS with any significant depth.

I doubt the Kodiak is used much for GA.  It is almost invariable used in commercial ops of some sort.