Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

My 2022 Build (with pics!)

On 6/12/2022 at 11:26 AM, Clutch Cargo said:

Just came across this read and Ryan got to say I luv the play-by-play as you built your PC.  Even though I have built all my PCs for the last 30 years I still get a tad nervous because I don't build them every day.  For me, there's like a 7-10 year gap in between.  I got a chuckle when you talked about having a 2500k.  I'm typing right now on my i7-2700K!

So my new build parts all came in yesterday and am about to embark on the new build.  All new fangled stuff... AIO liquid cooler (always swore by Noctua on all my builds),  M2 SSDs, DDR5, RGB stuff, gotta get al reacquainted, ha.  Threw a bunch a money into this ($4500), but I do use it for my design work and I am on the PC 8 hours a day, and I hope to use is it for many years like my last build.

Just wanna say enjoyed your series here an picked up on some nice tips.  😉

Alright awesome!  Yeah I went the other way - AIO to Noctua this time.  Man that heatsink is a beast!  I actually had to have my wife plug in the cpu fan connector because it was too tight for my hands haha!  I really like having the M.2's for the sim and other games/apps.

I have not got a new GPU though - my build was about 2100 USD without GPU/Monitor.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

AIO to Noctua this time.

You are a man of extreme wisdom. 😀🧊

It will serve you well. I've had the D14, a D15S and now the Chromax D15S. Have never found a need for anything else. 

On 6/14/2022 at 2:20 AM, martin-w said:

You are a man of extreme wisdom. 😀🧊

It will serve you well. I've had the D14, a D15S and now the Chromax D15S. Have never found a need for anything else. 

Seems pretty good so far...  as far as I know it's mounted correctly.  I forgot to respond back to you in that other thread.  It must have been an optical illusion because it's far enough off the GPU.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |