Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

I'm back! I was in the process of uploading this review of a pre-release version of EGLL when it was released. I'm pretty confident nothing much will have changed since I got my copy this morning. Hope you find it useful 🙂

Cheers,
Filbert

• Like 13

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

I watched all of it. Your reviews are a class of their own! Detailed, honest, critical without wrecking the developer, and - very important for a non-native English speaker - clear as glass to understand.

Thank you!

Will I buy it? Probably yes, and the price should be okay for a project of that  order of magnitude. I think the developers will improve a few shortcomings like those (relatively few) less convincing glass textures. Others like the night lighting might be harder to redo.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 10

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Apparently climate change has produced animal migration at Heathrow.

spacer.png

https://flightsim.to/file/4161/london-heathrow-elephant-invasion

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'll wait until terminal lighting is implemented.

That's a big thing for me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Sounds like a rush job to me. And this scenery is priced on the higher side for msfs 2020.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

A big thing for me too. I was waiting for this release but terminal lighting has to be there…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

a rush job.....a no buy for me...

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

A big thing for me too. I was waiting for this release but terminal lighting has to be there…

It only right to land and taxi up to such scenery at night!

Heathrow_Terminal_5_0064.jpg

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 7

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Terminals dark a night? What in the world were they thinking? At least put some FSX night texture on it?

• Like 2

I was really looking forward to a good EGLL being released, but overall I'm disappointed in the release, night lighting is terrible, road markings and details around the Terminals are missing or very sparse, and how on earth are you supposed to use the airport in the winter? Hopefully they will address some of the issues, until then, I'll give it a miss.

AI parking is also not done ......to real world assignments. With AIG Ai traffic, Developers should take more care about this. Hope Filbert and other reviewevers can also adres this in future reviews.

Edited by pilotter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

It's such a shame that large U.K airports, EGLL and EGKK are being done by these developers. Really disappointing,  I'd love for flightbeam or flytampa to do a version. The trouble is when lesser developers like ini builds (EGLL) and Origami (EGKK) get versions out quickly it probably makes the better developers look elsewhere. I guess I will wait for UK2000 to do a version, after being burnt by buying the Origami EGKK scenery I won't make the same mistake. I have worked at EGKK for 20 years and the version they did was pretty rubbish, judging from this review (very thorough, good job) I won't be buying this any time soon. 

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, pilotter said:

AI parking is also not done ......to real world assignments. With AIG Ai traffic, Developers should take more care about this. Hope Filbert and other reviewevers can also adres this in future reviews.

Agreed. I found Filbert to be a bit on the generous side on this review. It feels rushed and patched together for a profit knowing there is not much of an alternative.

If your going to do Heathrow then you need to do a version it deserves, so much was wrong with this.

• Like 4

it feels rushed. you can see no love has went into this airport, no style from the developer, just take freeware gatwick is done with love and attention to detail where it matters,another example of stunning hard work is the upcoming brussels from aerosoft, there was no need to rush egll, feels like a cash and grab 

• Like 4