Sign in to follow this  
Bdub22

Live Weather Down for Days

As the title suggests, live weather for me hasn't worked for almost three days now. I've restarted, updated, blah blah blah and nothing works. I purchased REX weather force, but to be honest, I'd rather fly with presets because of the FPS hits and hard hitting changes that will completely change your flight plan. 

Has anyone else noticed live weather being down?

I have flown in Australia, North America and in Europe in the last few days and the WX has been spot on.

I find live WX works perfectly. 

I am on the eastern USA server. Even our recent storms have been exactly correct and the amount of snow and frozen water has been exactly correct as well.

Very impressive. Never seen this in any other sim. All winds and turbulence has been spot on as  well.

I know others are reporting problems, and I guess I am lucky.

Edited by 177B
  • Like 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

4 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Not here. It's as close as it usually is, not perfect but close enough that I don't question it.

REX Weather Force isn't working now is you're using the newest MSFS beta v1.23.11.

• Like 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Im glad you guys aren't having any issues. But yesterday, a flight from Seattle to Juneau had no weather and then again today, a flight from KABQ to KMSY, no weather. I wonder if I'm missing anything? Aside from the obvious steps which I've taken.

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

Im glad you guys aren't having any issues. But yesterday, a flight from Seattle to Juneau had no weather and then again today, a flight from KABQ to KMSY, no weather. I wonder if I'm missing anything? Aside from the obvious steps which I've taken.

Have you checked to make sure you're online (not your home internet but on a server in MSFS?)  You also could try logging out then back in of xbox live.  You could try disabling online functionality and re-enabling it.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, 177B said:

I find live WX works perfectly.

same here

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

In the last 3 days I made an evening flight in the Mighty ! FBW A320, all between airports in Iberian Peninsula and got very plausible RWW.

I'm in Portugal, and my network is 120 Mbps, asymmetric.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hong Kong here.

Been working fine in my part of the woods too. Not fantastic, but close enough.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Edited by TooLowTooSlow
  • Like 1

On the beta here and live weather has been far better since launch. big improvement over what we had previously.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

9 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

As the title suggests, live weather for me hasn't worked for almost three days now. I've restarted, updated, blah blah blah and nothing works. I purchased REX weather force, but to be honest, I'd rather fly with presets because of the FPS hits and hard hitting changes that will completely change your flight plan. 

Not me - I am on SU8 beta in UK and weather across the board  in Oz, NZ, USA (California) Canada, PNG Japan and C Europe has been pretty good recently - close to any published METARs and what Meteoblue was showing. Could be something your side. Or maybe US servers?

Live weather is only partially working for me.  It seems it has lost the ability to depict overcast skies.  I am in S. Texas, and wanted to do some MVFR/IFR flights in the low overcast we have had the last couple of days.  Live weather was getting the baro/winds/temps spot on, but the skies were clear with fog reducing the visibility.   Tried a few other airports with only OVC in the METAR and same thing.  If I go to an airport with SCT or BKN, clouds display no problem.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

KTOL to KDTW flights the last couple of evenings I've seen clear skies and 3 knots when IRL weather is overcast with winds above 10 gusting to 20 or so. I still love the occasional metar hit when winds instantly go from 270/10 kts to 60/95 kts. Fine if you're away from the new wind direction, but if you're flying into, it's instant over-speed and the sounds of bending a creaking metal.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Don't know if this will make any kind of sense. I've averaged 10-15 VATSIM continental USA flights per week in the FBW A320(exp) over the last 6 months. I'm retired and enjoy the simulator a lot. I fly all directions, and average 2.0 hrs per flight. Maybe just a coincidence, but I feel I've noticed one definite high altitude transition area. It seems to be north/south and runs on a line from around Cleveland south to around Memphis. This line may even extend further south than Memphis.