Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

End of SU8 Beta Update - New Build

I am somewhere between Jer2929 and Car147 really. There has definitely been a noticeable improvement both in accuracy, smoothness of weather transitions and overcast layers of clouds. However, the structure of cloud layers, the lack of stratus clouds and the preference of towering or popcorn cumulusness in clear conditions is somewhat offputting. It is a real immersion killer sometimes but at other times you do get some real nice skies. The lack of lava lamp towers in multilayer stormy louds is an improvement from the early versions of MSFS, Keep them improvements coming I say.

In a way I wish they could open up the API to the likes of HiFi sim..... who really know how to do weather

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I'd love to know how everything is performing in VR.  If anyone has a headset and is testing how's the performance and are there any improvements in other areas?

I don't see any noticeable performance upgrade or downgrade. However, I've changed my settings through the beta (when installing the new OpenXR toolkit), thus this can't be taken as representative.

However, the issues with the mouse hardly being able to make selections in the in-sim menu are gone for me. Plus, even more important, neither of my controls disconnect any longer when I hover with the mouse over open maps (like the VFR map or similar ones).  

No change in the washed-out colors of the Reverb  but it's said the next version of the OpenXR toolkit will take care of this via color sliders.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, jer2929 said:

I also haven't seen any weather improvements. Let me be clear. That's LIVE WX. In fact, I think it is the most 'stale' it's been in a long time. No variety, overcast is still never represented accurately. There are always gaps and get above it, and its towering CU. No thin layers. Popcorn clouds. Instant wind and cloud transitions. Absolutely no gusts or cloud turbulence.

The fact that Gusts still dont appear to be working for me is one I wish they would put some effort behind - makes landing a bit to easy for my taste.  

• Like 1

Did they fix the ATC please expedite mess with SU8?

I strip those messages out of the official file but every time there's a update that file seems to be one of those updated and the messages come back. Hate to quite out of a long flight just to remove them again so instead have to deal with a million please expidite messages for that flight and remove them afterwards until the next update to the sim puts them back again.

James

2 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Did they fix the ATC please expedite mess with SU8?

Unfortunately no, manually removal is still needed.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is the popcorn cloud still there? I hope they fixed it because it is so annoying to see small clouds everywhere in clear weather. Crosses fingers. 

Brian Pogorek