Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: MK Studios Rome Fiumicino (LIRF)

IT WAS On my wish list. 😀

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Come on, they've been working on it for like 4 years and that's the result? I cannot understand how a company, that has developed methods for e.g. ground texturing on other airports, is not able to simply use that method on another airport of their own. What changed between Dublin and Rome?

• Like 1

I said in other thread I thought it was good and worth the buy, but I do agree with Filbert, that their quality has certainly gone down.  I disagree with Filbert about EFHK.  I thought EFHK was really subpar by MKs usual standards, especially compared to their P3d sceneries.  Since then, they just haven't improved much, IMO.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

10 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I thought EFHK was really subpar by MKs usual standards

Oh really? To be honest, I've only flown there once since I got it. I shall give it another look. I mostly remember being impressed by the terminal.

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Oh, dear. It seems we're back at their original standard at which they first started out (Canary Islands for P3D).
I wonder if MK Studios have either seen one of their better developers leave, or they have just given up on the quality and gone back to being average. This is yet another release that is nowhere near as good as their Keflavik or Dublin sceneries.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, FilbertFlies said:

Oh really? To be honest, I've only flown there once since I got it. I shall give it another look. I mostly remember being impressed by the terminal.

I think the terminal was the area I least liked.  I'm loading it up again also...lol.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Yeah, at EFHK it's actually both the ground textures and the terminal that seem off to me.  The top of the terminal has regular flat textures that clash with the lower half.  It loses that volumetric feeling.  The ground textures seem weird to me as well with bright orange-red'ish stripes on top of the weathered surface.  Anyways, there's a bunch of other things also that aren't really deal killers, just personal preference I suppose.  I have to think they can improve these things, which is one reason why I just went ahead and bought them.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

It's really a shame, I really like the architectural style of Rome Fiumicino.

Darryl

Landed at LIRF yesterday and while it is not perfect it is way better than default and the freeware version.

As I have a full-size 737 home cockpit I don’t care about the interior of a jetway and that the glass looks different from inside.

The sane about about textures on the entry of a terminal.

And I do not go inside the control tower as I am sitting in the cockpit.

The “blurryness” of the ground textures (taxiways and runways) only took my attention after Filbert mentioned it in his vid. 
When taxiing I did not notice it ; I was moving and finding my way to the terminal.

The airport is quiet heavy on a system compared to other larger airports so that might be a reason that some textures being further away than where you would daily come are smaller in size.

So for what I need an airport for it is quiet good. 
Someone who wants to look inside buildings, checking how a jetway connects to the inch, checking quality top-down, it might be less perfect

Hopefully for everyone interested in this scenery improvements wil be made.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I got it. It's pretty good, it could have been better. Colors are little off/drab.  Modeling is good.

AIG Traffic works well, good immersion. 

Disappointing at night... that's the the biggest negative.