Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

scenery library stops traffic

I have found a problem with the scenery. This is annoying because I found it before and I got help with which text file I need to modify, but I don't remember it.

This time, I added certain airports, and only one works with the traffic. Isn't there a text file I need to change?

• I have added EGNT which worked with the traffic. 
  • I have added EGKK and EGLL, neither of which work with the traffic - there is none
  • EGSS, which is set to default traffic - I have not modified it - has no traffic. I am confused here.

Here is the link to the Scenery Library: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mnK79FryTYawiYyn9

Any help would be good.
Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

What is "the traffic" that you are referring to? 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Sorry, I mean Ultimate Traffic, the aircraft.

Edited by Gary McCluskey

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Hi, 

UTL has not been updated to P3Cv5 as yet and doubt if it will ever be.You need to install it into your P3Dv4.5 addons folder then copy it accross to your P3Dv5 addons folder.Thats what i did and i have plenty of AI traffic at Simwings EGLL and UK2000 EGKK.Just checking if that is what you did,if not that maybe your problem.

Gary Jones.

Well, I found the problem and fixed it. I have notes for my self, but once I installed the airports, it didn't work. The following is my notes, but one of the apps I have entered on top stopped it working, and I have had to do it again (fixing things):

In my case, add this text to the E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml document. Note that the default files are in the standard Documents folder (normally C:\Users\mail\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml) :

<Addon.Component>

<Category>EXE</Category>

<Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path>

</Addon.Component>

<Addon.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path>

</Addon.Component>

It seems to have fixed my problem. Others came up with this problem and fixed it, I have just documented it as it works on v5.3.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I've done the above, and it works, but not for some. Example, 'out of the box' EGSS still not working, but the same with 'out of the box' Bristol does work! Neither does LEBL !

This has never failed before on some airports! It worked or completely failed.

Why do some big airports have aircraft working, and some not?

Edited by Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

@Gaz -- why do you add that text to FSDT's Add-on Manager? Isn't that software (Add-on Manager) only for FSDT? My UTLIVE has a separate add-on in the E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\utLive folder. Contents of that XML file are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>E:\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Just curious.

Have a great weekend!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Interesting, I don't have that folder on my system.

Do I need to add it manually? Right at the moment I added it to in an existing file E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml file. The content of that file here:

<AddOn.Name>FsDreamTeam Addon Manager</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>FsDreamTeam Support software</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>DLL</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx65.dll</Path>
    <DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Scripts</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR_P3D5</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Do I need to put the utl_client.exe files and the utLive Aircraft path toward the end of the file. Should those two new entries you gave me be in  a different file?

Thanks, Gaz

Edited by Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

So are you saying you don't have a sub-folder in your Documents folder that is titled "Prepar3D v5 Add-ons"? If not, where are all your add-on.xml files stored? If you mean that you don't have a UTLIVE sub-folder, that is because you need to add it manually. This might help -- http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/how-to-install-utlive-v1-2-0-0_topic18322.html

IRT your other question, UTL needs it's own add-on.xml as I have provided. Remove your text additions from where you put them and made a UTL sub-folder where your add-on.xml files are stored.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I do have this folder: E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\

The add-on.xml file there contains what was in my previous post you're replying to. 

Should I have a separate xml file for your 2 extra entries? If so, where? I can't put it in the E:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\ folder as that already has the add-on xml (above).

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Gaz -- check your Private Messages -- I uploaded some screenshots for you in a zip file.

Will do, but I'm stuck with family tonight. I'll look.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Thanks to @pgde , I have managed to get this working:

After the software for extra traffic, you need to go into the file system and take the following file to copy it : C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\ .  Then you need to create this folder in the Documents folder : C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\, then copy the content from the v5 folder to the v4 folder.

Bother folders should have the following files in folders:

<AddOn.Name>FsDreamTeam Addon Manager</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>FsDreamTeam Support software</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>DLL</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx65.dll</Path>
    <DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Scripts</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR_P3D5</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
  </Addon.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
  </Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Thanks pgde,

Gaz

• Upvote 1

Gaz on Facebook