Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

MK Studios Rome P3D update

Hi Folks,

As you know MK Studios have also been busy at work with Rome and launched the MSFS version this week.

On their FB page there was also a small update recently from the developer that the P3D version is still enroute and expected to touch down in April.

Apparently they are trying to get this ready before the Cross The Pond Vatsim event planned for April 2. So potentially it could release some time towards the end of March or if not April 1.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mkstudiosfanpage

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I will be very interested to see what sales numbers are like on the P3D version. 

There's been a lot of talk on benchmarks for how P3D sales are doing (the old PMDG thread for example) but a lot of those benchmarks were from developers who hadn't released much since the MSFS release. This one will be interesting. Rome hasn't really been properly done for P3D in a long time (Mega Airport from Aerosoft is severely outdated).

So how these sales compare to their previous sceneries like Lisbon will be very telling. I hope they end up releasing that information. 

• Upvote 1

Anything new for P3D is icing on the cake. I’ll be using P3D for a long while due to the large investments I’ve made in addons. I’m thankful to any developer who continues to stick with P3D. 

Dan

• Like 5

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

If the MSFS version is anything to go by, there should be some nice improvements and the airport layout is also updated.

I know my currently installed P3D version of Aerosoft MK Studios version had some issues .. one if I recall was with RAAS recognizing Taxiway D as 16C/34C. (I am not sure if this taxiway is still used as an alternate runway at LIRF?)

The only complaint so far on the recently released MSFS version I have seen is that the apron surface looks a bit anemic - too clean.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

36 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

The only complaint so far on the recently released MSFS version I have seen is that the apron surface looks a bit anemic - too clean.

All or almost everything in MSFS looks "too clean".

• Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

58 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

All or almost everything in MSFS looks "too clean".

Aprons in particular are one of the biggest weaknesses across the board in msfs. So much time is spent on aprons.  Planning the flight. Loading and unloading. Taxi ops. Etc. 

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I've been a long time admirer of MK Studios but their MSFS Rome reviews weren't too flattering. Hopefully the P3D version is up to their usual standard as I'll be supporting them with a purchase..

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

I bought their most recent release for p3d and love it.  (Near) top notch scenery developer.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I hope the new version finishes off the building that was just a shell.

Well it should not be that long now. ⏱️ CTP event is scheduled for 2nd April. Nothing mentioned on their FB page yet!

I am hopeful MK Studios releases LIRF this weekend.Crossed fingers!🤞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Update: apparently MK Studios faced some technical issues found in the MSFS version of LIRF I have been reading which requires fixing before they release the P3D version.

So, it looks like the wait will continue a little while longer.😉

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Will be nice to see it released soon, will make a nice hub for Alitalia MD80 ops; and indeed also potentially MD11 ops when the TFDI model releases!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

1 hour ago, mobiel said:

Are there something new news ?

The last I heard was this info posted on their FB site on March 18th. Since then no updates on the MSFS update they mentioned or the release of the P3D version.The initial version of Rome for MSFS went on sale on Feb 24.

"Rome P3D
General work on the scenery was put on hold as we wanted to fix things reported by you in the MSFS version first. All these changes will be included in the P3D version as well.
We expect to release the MSFS fix next week and focus on the P3D version then. A confirmed release date will be published when we're close to beta.
Have a good weekend everyone!"

Cheers
Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge