Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Aeroplane Heaven

Hi Guys,

Anybody else enjoying the free aircraft my Aeroplane Heaven?

I'm loving the Tecnam P10 and Socata..

Dave

Hi Dave, yes I certainly am.

The C140 is my fav flyer atm.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Honestly, i prefer MJ DC3 than AH version

Their DC3 is the reason I will NEVER buy an Aeroplane Heaven product again. Couldn't pay me to put that back on my system, a waste of space imho.... 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

I do appreciate the fact that AH has made their aircraft available for free download. For that reason, I have both the Sabreliner & the DC 3. At this point, I have hangered the Sabreliner and probably will do the same with the DC 3 as I enjoy Manfred Jahn's C 47.

I guess all I can say is that I am glad that I did not purchase the Sabreliner & their DC 3, however I will try their Cessna 140. 

Raymie

Within the last couple of years, I have purchased their C-119 and the Sabreliner. The first one is actually pretty good, IMO. I share @raymie's sentiments on the Sabreliner.

Last week, I downloaded the DC-3 (passenger). Yeah, also agree that the Manfred Jahn C-47 is superior...I may be biased because I have flown that one for many years...but, just sitting in the VC didn't feel the same.

I will give AH credit for offering these titles for free for others to experience.

I bought the C-119, the Bulldog and the Pucara. The C-119 is pretty good, the Bulldog feels sluggish. I have other biplanes like Stearmans they all feel better. I recently tried the Hawker Hurricane. A beautiful plane, but take off is like a Supercub after 100 ft. I still prefer the Justflight Hurricane for FSX over the one from Aeroplane Heaven. Also glad, I did not buy it. The Sabreliner is ok I think. A very special plane, I did not know before. I had some trouble to make it run in my system, had ctd caused by an atc_type or atc_model entry. Replacing them by meaningful entries solved the problems. It is a rare interaction between a dll from a Aerosoft scenery. The He-111 is just great, heavy and loud, a great WW2 bomber. I also had to fix things to get it to run in v5. C-140 also good after getting a patch from a talented fellow simmer. 

Pucara, a very special plane too. It is rather difficult to fly but the worst is the half virtual cockpit. I mixed the ouside model with the interior model and got an acceptable interior model. Thanks to MCX we can do that. However AH does not allow me to publish it for download, also not yet after they give it for free.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Concerning the Sabreliner, here is what I found out about it, to get it to work: (always write stuff like this down, so if I install same aircraft again, later on some time, being bambozled becomes less of a thing!)

"Rockwell Sabreliner: to get the autopilot to work, without it going up and down in level flight, turn on the autopilot on the digital version, then press A key to move view to back of pedestal, where the older original autopilot contols are, turn on the yaw damper there, while trying not to turn off the autopilot. (its the same switch)
Then go back to digital autopilot on main panel, dial in the altitude you want on the right hand black twiddler, don't know if altitude button should be on or not, then click one of the two up-down VS buttons to select vertical speed you want, the plane should level off at the dialled in altitude.
Climbed ok at 1500fpm.
The texture resolution must be set to 1024 x 1024 (medium) for the Sabreliner in the Display section of p3d, or the sim will ctd.
The guarded switch for changing the tanks at the right rear of the pedestal should be set to: Normal, to take fuel from all the tanks at the same time.
Eats fuel very fast, a youtube reviewer says its using the fuel at twice normal rate, so I suppose you would have to turn on infinite fuel in the realism settings of p3d."

Hope this helps.😃

Snaged the Sabreliner myself. Wishing the Boxcar could work in v5

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Wishing the Boxcar could work in v5

It does work. I have an installer since I bought it before it became free but I think it is no big deal to make it run when installing from ORBX. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 3/2/2022 at 12:53 AM, blaunarwal said:

It does work. I have an installer since I bought it before it became free but I think it is no big deal to make it run when installing from ORBX. 

For me, it doesn't even show up in Orbx Central as an option to install since I'm running v5.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

For me, it doesn't even show up in Orbx Central as an option to install since I'm running v5.

How about installing v4.5 again? It is not a big thing just to install a pure P3D version.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:18 AM, Beardyman said:

Honestly, i prefer MJ DC3 than AH version

To all of you DC3 fans and pilots, come join us at

www.dc3airways.net

Dedicated to the DC3 with liveries, forums routes and best of all Multi Play sessions several times a week.

Sherm

Director, PR DC3 AIRWAYS