Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

MCE and ATC

Considering getting this for MSFS to use with the default ATC. I was just wondering how this works. I do not want to push buttons , so how do you you use MCE with the default ATC? Many thanks in advance.

I'm sure others will chime in, but basically you assign a yoke button to speak with ATC. When you press this button, you can request clearance, request taxi, request departure (take off), etc.

Along the way, you press the button to acknowledge climbs, descents, frequency changes, etc.

During the landing phase, you press the button to acknowledge the approach, landing, tower interactions.

If you wish, you can also let the first officer handle all communications, frequency changes, etc. Then you just fly.

It does work well with default ATC, just be aware there currently is no option to turn off the default co-pilot. So, you will always hear him after you press your button to speak with ATC or if MCE first officer responds with default ATC.

If you wish to vote for MSFS 2020 to remove co-pilot voice, take a look at this post and place your vote (upper left VOTE button).

Option to Disable Pilot Voice - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5