Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

FT CYYZ INBOUND

Here comes the boom!  Looks like in the next day or two according to their FB page.  Here's a pic

spacer.png

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 9

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

GREAT, just bought RegDesigns CYYZ this very evening...and FlyTampa is pretty much as good as it gets...oh well.

RegDesigns CYYZ seems quite detailed, and overall very nice, but some areas are hard on fps.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Same here, for Regdesign CYYZ as well. I actually think it’s a beautiful scenery so I’ll have to see how much better FT will be. I feel as though FT was afraid they’d loose customers to Regdesign and hence they break their silence. In all honesty, I really think FT needs to step up and keep their customers more in the loop, instead of what I perceive as a little bit of a ‘panicky’ announcement right as a competitor releases their scenery.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I will never understand why developers and simmers focus so much on terminal interiors. I'm more interested in apron and everything else that can be seen from the outside rather than seeing every fancy detail in the passenger halls.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I will never understand why developers and simmers focus so much on terminal interiors. I'm more interested in apron and everything else that can be seen from the outside rather than seeing every fancy detail in the passenger halls.

I don't think they can't do hi res ground textures, if I remember correctly.  I think it's a sim limitation until ASOBO can make it so it doesn't take a performance hit?  Something along those lines.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Great. I just bought the redesign scenery. I think this is a bad move for flytampa or absolutely genius? Bad because people will have bought the reg cyyz and won’t want to buy another scenery hence they lose out or genius because people will buy regdesign and not like it and think oh thank god flytampa for saving the day and buy it in a heartbeat. 

Can anyone please release Amsterdam or Boston real quick? Looks like competition is rather effective in waking FT up 😂

• Like 4

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

Let me see if I have this right.  FT announced YYZ for Muss Fuss long ago.  A new dev all of the sudden releases their somewhat un-optimized and non-FPS friendly version and no outcry about that?  Are we living on the same planet?  ROFL!!  Who rushed what here?  I ask you that.

Secondly, if we're going to be "drama Llamas", let's take it over to PMDGs forum.  Oh yeah, don't forget to sign your 'real names', so as to be as unsecure as possible in this digital age.  As much as I love their stuff, there has to be a much more secure way of linking usernames to products without broadcasting to the world your personal data.  Not that we haven't all known each other for decades anyways.  Just had to get that in... lol.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 5

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

35 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Let me see if I have this right.  FT announced YYZ for Muss Fuss long ago.  A new dev all of the sudden releases their somewhat un-optimized and non-FPS friendly version and no outcry about that?  Are we living on the same planet?  ROFL!!  Who rushed what here?  I ask you that.

Outcry? 

What "outcry" are you expecting or seeing? You seem to be angry that a new kid on the block dared to step in the territory of the greats (and did a good job of it, mind you). 

It's obvious that the competition gave FT a wake up call, which is always good. Some people rightfully find it funny. Chill.

36 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Secondly, if we're going to be "drama Llamas", let's take it over to PMDGs forum.  Oh yeah, don't forget to sign your 'real names', so as to be as unsecure as possible in this digital age.  As much as I love their stuff, there has to be a much more secure way of linking usernames to products without broadcasting to the world your personal data.  Not that we haven't all known each other for decades anyways.  Just had to get that in... lol.

uh? 🤔

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Outcry? 

What "outcry" are you expecting or seeing? You seem to be angry that a new kid on the block dared to step in the territory of the greats (and did a good job of it, mind you). 

It's obvious that the competition gave FT a wake up call, which is always good. Some people rightfully find it funny. Chill.

uh? 🤔

Here you go again.  Over here now.  I realize a lot of people probably don't use FB, but that's where FT usually posts.  They've been posting updates just about as frequent as anyone else.  It's not news that CYYZ, EHAM, KBOS and Corfu have been close to release for quite some time now.

The "outcry" was here.  Again, not to be taken literally like you always do.  I'm clearly not angry, but pointing out the irony here, hence all the LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You are in just about every forum and discord having to correct everyone about everything.  Sorry, but you're like the 14 year old who thinks he knows everything.

For the love of God would you please sign your posts with your real name before you make PMDG mad.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

I use FB and aside from the post 3 hours ago which is clearly a response to the CYYZ scenery release I haven’t seen any mention of it for months. They should really work on the PR side a bit more I think.  Maybe it’s a bit like Ferrari not really advertising their next up and coming car maybe they feel it will sell well regardless who knows personally I like an update every month or two on the progress.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Here you go again.  Over here now.  I realize a lot of people probably don't use FB, but that's where FT usually posts.  They've been posting updates just about as frequent as anyone else.  It's not news that CYYZ, EHAM, KBOS and Corfu have been close to release for quite some time now.

The "outcry" was here.  Again, not to be taken literally like you always do.  I'm clearly not angry, but pointing out the irony here, hence all the LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You are in just about every forum and discord having to correct everyone about everything.  Sorry, but you're like the 14 year old who thinks he knows everything.

I'm not sure what your point is besides the personal attack which is always funny. 

I check FT's facebook likely more often than you do. According to it, Toronto has been "close to release" since July 2021. that's 7 months ago. Their "close to release" window seems to be rather elastic. They haven't shown a single screenshot before today besides a render of Boston's tower in a snowglobe, so the "posting updates just about as frequent as anyone else" is really not true. They certainly play their cards closer to their chest than many developers, and this time it bit them in the rear, with quite a few people that likely purchased the other airport and won't buy a second in two days. Can't blame them. 

Luckily, I rarely buy airports on release day, so I can afford to wait and see which one fits me best.

Now, FT is certainly entitled to do communication however they like, but it's fairly obvious that waking up the day another developer releases an airport they're making and suddenly pouring out screenshots and a release in 1-2 days is a direct reaction to competition. And it is funny to see.

Still don't get your point about PMDG, by the way.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

FT has a reputation for not sharing much of their progress even when customer hound them to share pics. It's an interesting approach and yet it has worked very well for them. Now, customers have a choice of CYYZ. Most will probably go for the FT version.

I don't regret my purchase. I made a decision based on the pics and their video. I wish them well!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Competition is good. And I agree. Flytampa has been more gifted than anybody in scenery development over the years. But they could have been better with customer engagement. Hope they have Montreal coming too 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next