Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 8 is out now, go get it

8 minutes ago, David Mills said:

In order to prevent my entire sim installation from being completely deleted -- as happened last beta -- I removed myself from the beta three days ago. All my files were perfectly restored to SU7. Today, my entire sim installation has once again been deleted from my SSD. Yes, I know it was suggested to have a separate installation to a SECOND location for the beta. But that's more data than my storage can handle. Is it really technically impossible to simply update your existing files from the beta to the final release? Or from SU7 to SU8 on the same storage device? Especially when you left the beta early as suggested? I guess it is impossible. Maybe in a hundred years. 😞

So are you saying you have to reinstall everything?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

restart PC after leaving, I had a 1GB update after leaving the beta. 

Yup it eventually showed and was a 1+ GB download sourced from within  the windows store

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

I managed to leave the beta through previews insider XBox

But no update yet

If restarting your system as previously suggested does not work, try launching the XBox App (not the XBox Insider App) and see if it shows the update there. That's how I started it. Hit the green update button in the XBox app which installed something and then launched the MS Store app, which installed something and presented me with the blue update button which started the update. I had to correct the install path to reflect the location of my current installation. 

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So are you saying you have to reinstall everything?

Yes. This isn't the end of the world, but it is annoying and time-consuming. (I just started a new thread about this: 

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

45 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I have the day/night cycle on the world map as before.

Same here.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I did leave the Beta and rebooted. There was then an update in X-Box (didn't tell me how much data but must have been a couple of Gb). Then on bringing up the sim there was an immediate update (v small I guess) and were there. 10 mins at the most.

Although it is the same release it seems slightly different - graphics seem 'stronger - DX11 and maybe FPS slightly lower? Still v smooth. I have a direct comparison as I just landed at Mt Hagen in PNG in the Kodiak in SU8 beta, and then after the update installation, started straight out back out of Mt Hagen for Goroka. Those stormy skies look really threatening now, and even more realistic than before (for me at least). Seems to be more load than beofre on the GPU slightly.. at 1440p; about 40FPS on the ground and aloft. 24ms on the GPU and 17ms on the CPU limited to 30fps.

i7 11700k, GTX1080 Ti...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Yes. This isn't the end of the world, but it is annoying and time-consuming. (I just started a new thread about this: 

That is precisely why I have avoided the beta. Not a problem for me to wait a couple  of weeks for the final release. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

after the store's 1+ G update there were none from the sim itself as I had an alternate packages path, which otherwise would have had to be reinstalled of 131G ouch

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is precisely why I have avoided the beta. Not a problem for me to wait a couple  of weeks for the final release. 

The words quoted above were written by a very wise man.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

After the store update downloading 4,34 GB actually....

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Yes but David doesn't say whether he has MSFS installed in the default location. I've also had SU7 and SU betas and no brainer to leave the beta and a update back to the main thread each time. I have MSFS in my own custom location - and my flight plans are in a different location again as they are deleted it seems for each update. 

From what I can tell you inly get problems and reinstalls when MSFS is in the default location (on C) and  my community mods worked straight away without suspending them.

pms50Today at 11:38 AM

NEW GTN 750 RELEASE V2.1.15 See https://pms50.com/ - SU8 compatibility - Bugfix: Fuel planning, only the first engine was taken into account when using sensor data. - Added extended map features in utilities and airport info pages (premium + specific key). See the documentation.

Charles (aznricepuff) [Z-4]Today at 12:43 PM

Happy Monday @everyone! We have just published updates to the open-source WT CJ4 and G3000 mods to make them compatible with today's release of Sim Update 8. You can get the latest versions at the links below: CJ4: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.12.12 G3000: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.7.7

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, guibru said:

I have participated in all the beta since the beginning, this is the first time that there is no update. Curious and not normal.
There should be bug fixes.

MS notified beta testers the update we received last week was likely to be the release candidate, so nothing to update.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 minutes ago, David Mills said:

The words quoted above were written by a very wise man.

The beta process was smooth and worked great.  I just loaded MSFS at the end of the beta and nothing at all to be changed as we had the release candidate last week.  

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home