Sign in to follow this  
Mattie941

FSX Black Ground Vehicles

Hi,

I recently installed the trial version of GSX and uninstalled once I had checked it out. However, some airport ground vehicle models still exist without textures (see image). I've tried reverting to a backup of my Simobjects/Groundvehicles folder and restored old backups of the veh_air_*** files in the Scenery/Global/Texture folder, but the black models still remain. 

Where can I find and delete these ground vehicle models to restore the FSX default vehicles?

spacer.png

Cheers,
Matt

UKV1260spacer.png

I'm afraid to say your uninstalation of GSX, may have messed with your default textures, Desepite you using your back-up( Good Idea) Didn't help 😕 You might have to reinstall your FSX to restore your textures, i'm afraid.

Hope someone else comes with a better idea.

I HAVE A GOOD COPY OF MY FSX IN AN EXTERNAL HD; WHENEVER I RUN INTO ISSUES I CAN'T FIX EASELY I COPY THE FILES I NEED FROM THAT INSTALLATION, IF I DO A LOT A LOT OF CHANGES WITH TIME I MAKE A NEW COPY.

Berlopez

24 minutes ago, Berlopez said:

I'm afraid to say your uninstalation of GSX, may have messed with your default textures

GSX doesn't change or replace any of the default ground vehicles models or textures.

Didn't know. I have heard Black textures or textures NOT showing (Showing Black) can be caused by lack of memory.Does this happen when you Pan Around 360° I notice the plane in your image is missing textures too.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
info.

Did GSX add new ground vehicles?  If so, perhaps the uninstall did not remove the vehicles, just the textures.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I believe GSX does add new vehicles to FSX frrom the images on their website:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

I suggest one contact them and inquire, what could have gone wrong? and how to fix it, avoiding a complete reinstall of FSX.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
grammar.

Thanks for the replies all. I found the issue and have a solution. The fault was not with GSX (sorry for the accusation). The fault was a mixture of another scenery and my meddling.

The scenery used custom ground vehicles and updated the LWCFG.spb file to use these custom vehicles. 

Due to the limitations of my setup, I move my scenery folders to another drive, outside of my main FSX root folder. However, doing this meant that the fallback in the texture.cfg for new ground vehicles in the Simobjects/Groundvehicles folder could no longer locate the necessary textures because they were not in the Addon Scenery folder. 

I can think of 3 solutions for this: 

1) Move the scenery back to the Addon Scenery folder in the FSX root directory 

2) Copy the textures from the scenery into each ground vehicle texture folder (however this defeats the original desire to save space on my small SSD) 

3) Find the textures the new ground vehicles are using and copy them to one of the ground vehicles texture folder and adjust the fallback in the texture.cfg for all vehicles to find the copied textures

I went with option 1 for now (only because I don't have the time to implement option 3)

Edited by Mattie941
Fixed typo

UKV1260spacer.png