Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Microsoft Flight Simulator arrives on Xbox Cloud Gaming

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-now-available-on-xbox-one-and-mobile-devices-via-xbox-cloud-gaming/

As we continue to evolve the simulator and expand the ways with which both core simmers and newcomers to the franchise can experience Microsoft Flight Simulator, we are thrilled to announce that Microsoft Flight Simulator can now be streamed via Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Starting today, Microsoft Flight Simulator is available on Xbox One and on other supported devices thanks to Xbox Cloud Gaming, powered by custom Xbox Series X hardware. Players can enjoy the same awe-inspiring experience as on Xbox Series X|S.

Some of the great benefits of accessing Microsoft Flight Simulator via Xbox Cloud Gaming include:

1. Microsoft Flight Simulator can now be played on Xbox One. Many players have been asking for just that. You can launch the simulator through the Xbox dashboard and quickly dive into a high-fidelity experience (up to 1080p and 30fps). You can now explore the planet from any of the supportive devices and quickly take off as there is no need to install the simulator on your hard drive.
  2. Microsoft Flight Simulator can also be played beyond the console on supported mobile phones, tablets and lower-spec PCs. Standard controller inputs from Bluetooth controllers such as Xbox Wireless Controller for cloud gaming are supported.
  3. The multiplayer experience for all simmers is identical as on the PC and Xbox Series X|S, allowing everyone to share the same airspace regardless of the device they are using.
  4. World Updates I-VI are streamed automatically to all players and all your previous purchases on Xbox Series X|S as well as the full Xbox marketplace are available.

We are excited for the flight sim community to experience Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Xbox Cloud Gaming platform starting today.

Read more about it in our Xbox Wire post.

• Like 7

This is actually pretty neat.  I watched a guy at my old work play some sort of FPS on his mobile phone, mounted to an xbox controller.  I was totally shocked!  Cloud computing is interesting for sure....  and maybe it would be silly to play FS on a tablet/phone but perhaps you could just stream it from anywhere with a smaller screen and it would be enjoyable anyway.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Interesting to see how this works in practice. 

1 Title serving the following:

Cloud streamed delivered Players

Xbox Players 

PC Only Players

Good luck to the developers. They need success in the market and resulting  revenue to keep this venture going. 

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

If this plays anywhere as good on mobile, my prediction of the competing mobile game being deleted from my dual screen phone will become a reality. 

Technology at its finest. However, since this is streamed, I would be curious to see how much lag would be

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Can't believe I didn't bring my controller to work. Logged in and its teasing me to "Continue" 😂

So this is how MSFS can be played on mobile phones one day, via the cloud. 

• Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

So I can play MSFS on my iPad Air (latest generation)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So this is how MSFS can be played on mobile phones one day, via the cloud. 

How about on a smart watch?😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bandwidth requirements?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

From experience with other games, not much over watching a video for down, and enough to send controller inputs for up

4 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

From experience with other games, not much over watching a video for down, and enough to send controller inputs for up

What video resolution though?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Now they have went too far... It's definitely a game. Am I right?

Just kiding, that's actually awesome, it's a good entry point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

maybe it would be silly to play FS on a tablet/phone

X-Plane can be played on a mobile device (and I've dabbled with it), so not so odd, although whether there's a lot to be gained from playing such a graphically-advanced sim on a small screen is debatable.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Now they have went too far... It's definitely a game. Am I right?

Just kiding, that's actually awesome, it's a good entry point.

Well, I just ran MSFS 2020 on my Iphone, and it ran flawlessly, and I was even able to use my PS4 controller. 

So it must be a game.

I subscribed for an X-Box Game Pass but it wanted my Microsoft account information. When it started on the Iphone, it told me MSFS was already running on another device. 

Would be a lot more fun if I could run them both at the same time.