Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Stutters in 5.3 HF2

Vector still provides more accurate coast lines. Especially in Canada. Without Vector, much less accuracy regarding water bodies such as lakes, rivers and coastlines. 

Eric 

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@spilok, Stan, don’t thank me. I just picked up something a user of Vector found.

Glad you’ve had better flights after uninstalling it. 👍

Well, it was your recommendation that struck me when I read it on the forum.  Your suggestion to someone that Vector may be causing the stutters was the catalyst for me trying the experiment.

So, thank you, anyway.

Stan

• Like 1

Same experience I had in v4: Vector absolutely induced performance loss and stutters.  My simming was much more enjoyable without it unfortunately.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I didn't realize Vector deleted the default P3D roads. I unticked all roads in Vector due to the massive stuttering it was causing. I think I'm just going to uninstall it. I presume the roads will come back as soon as I do. Other than a few islands in the Pacific and some parts of Canada coastlines and rivers, I think Vector is pretty much useless now. 

Eric 

Well......Indeed. Smooth as smooth can be. Although I still can't see visual difference at FL 370 but very enjoyable taxi at heavy EHAM, smooth take off and so far perfect experience without VECTOR.

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

3 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well......Indeed. Smooth as smooth can be. Although I still can't see visual difference at FL 370 but very enjoyable taxi at heavy EHAM, smooth take off and so far perfect experience without VECTOR.

Same experience for me.

I have not used Prepar3D for over a year but had to update it to test something related to Active Sky.  I spent hours installing all the Orbx add ons and one aircraft and could not believe how bad the stuttering was.  I thought that it was a good sign that I have flown only X-Plane and MSFS and that I was not missing anything.  Having read this thread I will give Prepar3D another chance and hopefully enjoy it once in a while.

\Robert Hamlich/

37 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I have not used Prepar3D for over a year but had to update it to test something related to Active Sky.  I spent hours installing all the Orbx add ons and one aircraft and could not believe how bad the stuttering was.  I thought that it was a good sign that I have flown only X-Plane and MSFS and that I was not missing anything.  Having read this thread I will give Prepar3D another chance and hopefully enjoy it once in a while.

Try...you'll be surprised with performance....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

On 3/3/2022 at 10:17 PM, spilok said:

My experiment is concluded!  Had a great day flying WITHOUT VECTOR today.  I removed it yesterday after reading that suggestion in this thread. My 1st flight was from Gdansk, Poland, to Hamburg, Germany.  Used an Embraer 135 and the flight went very well.  It was super smooth and absolutely no signs of stutter.  In Hamburg, I started an Airbus 321 Lufthansa and headed for Madrid, Spain.  After a flight of over 1350 additional miles (without restarting my computer or changing ANY parameters in my graphic options), my flight went spectacularly.  Again, I switched views frequently, which usually sets off pauses and stutters during a long flight, and I landed at LEMD without a single pause or stutter along the way that I could notice.

My settings are all to the right in P3d and I am using EA + Active Sky.  Take it for what it's worth, but I am a true believer in the fact that ORBX VECTOR, if you have it, absolutely contributes to stutters and pauses in P3d v5.3 (plus hotfixes).  I only wish I had believed this about Vector when I first heard about it.  So, I'll thank Ray Proudfoot for emphasizing the fact that Vector is not necessary in this thread.  I do believe it has made my flying in P3d something so much better than it was just a short 2 days ago.  

Wow.  What a difference.  Thanks.

Stan

I can confirm Stan's and others experience without Vector. I also had severe stutter in some regions like when approaching EDDM. I assumed it was caused by the "big-bgl-file" issue that was confirmed by LM and i have to live with it until its patched. The dtutters where such severe, that my sim paused for about 3 seconds and confused my homecockpit autopilot totally. 

Thanks to this threat, i have tried without OrbX Vector and the stutters are gone completely.  Very smooth flights and i can' t notice any difference in my scenries.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

46 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Thanks to this threat, i have tried without OrbX Vector and......................

Let us know who threatened you, just give the word and we'll send 'the boys' around to 'ave a word.😁😁

5 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

Let us know who threatened you, just give the word and we'll send 'the boys' around to 'ave a word.😁😁

I used to engage in the sport of boxing when I was much younger; some of my toughest opponents were Irish boys.  I love the fight in the Irish.  I'm even a Notre Dame football fan.  The Fightin' Irish is their team's name!

Sparkrite is NOT kidding!

Stan

7 hours ago, spilok said:

I used to engage in the sport of boxing when I was much younger; some of my toughest opponents were Irish boys.  I love the fight in the Irish.  I'm even a Notre Dame football fan.  The Fightin' Irish is their team's name!

Sparkrite is NOT kidding!

Stan

13 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

i guess i have to disappoint you guys. It was just a typo meant "thread😊

[comment removed]

(Beware! This isn´t meant for further replies to discuss this crime going on in our world. Please respect the forum statement, to not discussing this in here any furhter!)

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Comment referring to Ukraine removed

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

@BerndB, no further mention of events in Europe please. It would be appreciated if you would edit that section out of your reply.

LATER: I’ve removed that comment from your post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, removed Vector and the sim is running much smoother. I have the default roads back as well. Can't believe I have been self-inflicting these stutters for so long with Vector. That software is in the garbage bin and never to return to P3D. 

Eric 

I've just removed Vector by uninstalling in Orbx Central...is this all I have to do? It was installed in the P3D5 folder.

Since doing this I've seen some stuttering reduce but I am still getting them occasionally.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti