Sign in to follow this  
byork

So, about this PMDG 737 MSFS thing...

Since I get asked about this all the time, I'll post it here so all can read.

I know a lot of you are chomping at the bit for an FS2Crew for the upcoming MSFS PMDG 737.

Of course, I couldn't say anything because PMDG released no official word on the all the mighty SDK.

But now, cometh the hour, cometh the Man, RSR has spoken publicly in his forum about this SDK.

I quote:

Long term we plan to include an SDK that will allow you to control switches/knobs/levers/buttons in the PMDG product line for MSFS just like you can in P3D. It is still in development at this juncture, but over time it will flesh out appropriately.

So long story short, there will be no SDK on initial release, but at some point down the road we'll have one.

When?  Who knows.  Maybe sooner.  Maybe later.  It's up to our friends at PMDG.

Could we bypass the SDK?  Yeah, probably, but we won't do that because in order to comply with PMDG's legal terms of service, all 3rd party devs MUST use the SDK.

No ifs, buts or ands.  Disregard the SDK at your own peril.

But that's no problem for us.  We have no problem waiting.

In the meantime, we have the Aerosoft CRJ version coming out shortly, so you can all use that to get your multi crew fix... or you can keep using our FBW A32NX version.

Edited by byork
  • Like 4

Thanks Bryan for these precisions! It's a little frustrating but not death. I'll wait as long as it takes when it comes out. I hope you will keep us informed regularly?

Edited by Alaska738
  • Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

13 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Thanks Bryan for these precisions! It's a little frustrating but not death. I'll wait as long as it takes when it comes out. I hope you will keep us informed regularly?

Of course we'll keep you all informed 😉

• Like 1

Ah and there was me thinking it might be time to install MSFS!  

ngxu_banner.png

4 hours ago, ailchim said:

Ah and there was me thinking it might be time to install MSFS!  

As I've stated before, once PMDG releases their 737, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for P3D, except for a few hold outs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, byork said:

As I've stated before, once PMDG releases their 737, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for P3D, except for a few hold outs.

I'd say even at the best assumption is that's the first nail to put on... it's starting. but still quite more step to go....

Edited by C2615

17 hours ago, C2615 said:

I'd say even at the best assumption is that's the first nail to put on... it's starting. but still quite more step to go....

Imo there's more than a couple nails in it, some major developers have stated that sales numbers started declining even when MSFS was announced, and now quite a few devs have dropped P3D entirely, 

P3D will always have a userbase, FSX and FS9 still do but what we're seeing is the commercial side has shrivelled up to a small level

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, byork said:

Yeah but the 737 without FS2Crew won't be any good.  Basically it's all down to you Bryan.  No pressure.

• Like 1

ngxu_banner.png