Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Help: Orbx True Earth GB Central fills in Irish Sea

I've been using Orbx True Earth GB south, Central and North for a long time, but something has gone badly wrong recently. The Irish Sea from Liverpool over to Ireland, is now all textured land, with trees, fields and so on. If i stop GB Central loading, it is all fine, except of course I'm missing the detailed scenery in GB Central. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it (though I was a bit suspicious about how fast it reinstalled -- it may have just reenabled existing files.

So, I'm seeking help.  Does anyone know what steps I can take to put things right? Should I try uninstalling AND deleting all the files (if I can find them)? Actually, I think I'll try that now in any case ...

Thanks for any ideas.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I've been using Orbx True Earth GB south, Central and North for a long time, but something has gone badly wrong recently. The Irish Sea from Liverpool over to Ireland, is now all textured land, with trees, fields and so on. If i stop GB Central loading, it is all fine, except of course I'm missing the detailed scenery in GB Central. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it (though I was a bit suspicious about how fast it reinstalled -- it may have just reenabled existing files.

So, I'm seeking help.  Does anyone know what steps I can take to put things right? Should I try uninstalling AND deleting all the files (if I can find them)? Actually, I think I'll try that now in any case ...

Thanks for any ideas.

Pete

Hi Pete. You could open ORBX central and go to the help section. Press Sync simulator. That should probably solve your problem. I had the same issues at KLAX and also at TE Netherlands. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

48 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

You could open ORBX central and go to the help section. Press Sync simulator. That should probably solve your problem. I had the same issues at KLAX and also at TE Netherlands. 

Thanks! Good suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. 😞

I'm wondering if this is related to another problem I discovered recently in GB-S. The river Thames through London is its typical brown/grey (rather than blue) but if you get low and slow you can see that there's a faint image of buildings or other shapes within that grey.

I'm not sure when these things started. I only discovered the Irish Sea problem when on a flight yesterday from EGCC to EIDW. It may have gone wrong a while back. I know it was all good when I first purchased the True Earth GB set.

I hope there are other ideas for things to try. I've posted the question on the Orbx forum as well.

Thanks,
Pete

7 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks! Good suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. 😞

I'm wondering if this is related to another problem I discovered recently in GB-S. The river Thames through London is its typical brown/grey (rather than blue) but if you get low and slow you can see that there's a faint image of buildings or other shapes within that grey.

I'm not sure when these things started. I only discovered the Irish Sea problem when on a flight yesterday from EGCC to EIDW. It may have gone wrong a while back. I know it was all good when I first purchased the True Earth GB set.

I hope there are other ideas for things to try. I've posted the question on the Orbx forum as well.

Thanks,
Pete

You describe EXACT the issue I had. Hmmm...thinking here.....

What about uninstalling ORBX Base, reinstall it. Go to ORBX help then. Choose insertion point. Select the insertion point for....go through this and sync the sim after this.

Im pretty sure it has to do with this...scenery order issue.

Make also sure that the ORBX libraries are on top of the scenery order\layer. oRbX airports also quite on top. Landclass, base etc below this. Like TE products. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Delete

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

33 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

What about uninstalling ORBX Base, reinstall it. Go to ORBX help then. Choose insertion point. Select the insertion point for....go through this and sync the sim after this.

Okay. I've made a note of this -- will try this tomorrow. Time to have dinner and relax now. Thanks for the advice!

33 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Make also sure that the ORBX libraries are on top of the scenery order\layer. oRbX airports also quite on top. Landclass, base etc below this. Like TE products. 

Ah. I've always had all the Orbx stuff below everything else except the default scenery layers -- except, of course, it puts its elevation files below all  defaults except  the very first.

Or are you just referring to the relative order of the Orbx files themselves? If so, are you saying

Libraries -- Airports - LC - Base

If so i think they are like that, but I'll check in the morning. 

Thanks! I'll be back here to report any progress -- tomorrow hopefully.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Libraries -- Airports - LC - Base

Indeed like this. Just to be sure. 

Elevation Subs or excludes may be complete down the order. 

You should delete your P3D Terrain.cfg file also. It will build a new one. Delete it before rearranging the scenery order (or reinstalling base, etc.l and before starting the sim the first time also. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I've had this problem crop up on occasion with UTX and Orbx sceneries--Orbx Central apparently removes the UTX terrain.cfg entries.  A quick disable/enable cycle using the UTX configurator for each of the UTX regions *after* running Orbx Central sets things right again.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

14 hours ago, mpo910 said:

You should delete your P3D Terrain.cfg file also. It will build a new one. Delete it before rearranging the scenery order (or reinstalling base, etc.l and before starting the sim the first time also. 

I've done this, and uninstalled/reinstalled the Orbx Base, checked the insertion point, and run the sync option. All to no avail.

It seems to be down to True Earth GB-Central. If I uninstall that (via Central), the Mersey estuary and Irish Sea are back to being water. Reinstall GB-C and it's all textures, trees, etc.

I don't understand. I've been using True Earth since I found it didn't cripple the P3D5 performance as it did with P3D4. But this is a relatively new problem.

14 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

I've had this problem crop up on occasion with UTX and Orbx sceneries--Orbx Central apparently removes the UTX terrain.cfg entries.  A quick disable/enable cycle using the UTX configurator for each of the UTX regions *after* running Orbx Central sets things right again.

I do have UTX but it's been disabled (all layers) since I started using Orbx fully.

So, I'm still looking for a solution. 😞

Pete

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I always put all ORBX scenery files above the sim base scenery and below my addons including the Elevation Subs and see no problems. And always run verify files on ORBX scenery when installed.

Yes. I've not had any problems before. I've just been looking further, and the texture-filled seas include the Channel and the North Sea! i.e. all around GB. I've not found a solution yet other than uninstalling TE-GB altogether. 😞

I suppose I ought to check TE Netherlands too ...

...Yes, it's the same: textures in the North Sea over there, too.

It must be something fundamental controlled by or used by all of the True Earth layers. Should I uninstall/reinstall all of the Orbx Global and LC layers as well as the True Earth parts?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes. I've not had any problems before. I've just been looking further, and the texture-filled seas include the Channel and the North Sea! i.e. all around GB. I've not found a solution yet other than uninstalling TE-GB altogether. 😞

I suppose I ought to check TE Netherlands too ...

...Yes, it's the same: textures in the North Sea over there, too.

It must be something fundamental controlled by or used by all of the True Earth layers. Should I uninstall/reinstall all of the Orbx Global and LC layers as well as the True Earth parts?

Pete

Try verify files for each if they are corrupted this will may fix them. then check your scenery order as just opening ORBX Central will change your scenery order, That`s why I avoid opening ORBX Central until I buy new scenery I just scan the product on the ORBX website before buying. If that fails then re-install but run the sim when you have un-installed before reinstalling to reset P3D.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Well, I got it fixed -- by uninstalling EVERY ORBX product (except the individual airports), and re-installing again and re-syncong. Something must have got corrupted somewhere which was common to all the True Earth layers, but whatever it was didn't get fixed by "verify files" alone, as I tried that at the beginning.

Thanks for the ideas. Something had to work! 😉

Pete

• Upvote 2

@Pete Dowson, now go and enjoy a flight! Nice to see you back here. Hope you and June are doing okay. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather