Sign in to follow this  
ericmay

bijan seasons community folder

HI, I found my msfs community folder buried in c:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\ Packages\fs-base-ui\html_ui\icons\community.

Is this the folder I am supposed to use for installing the seasons? Right now it just has a bunch of html files it and installing the seasons in it (yes, one at a time) doesn't make them show up in my simulator. Thank you!

Eric

2 hours ago, ericmay said:

HI, I found my msfs community folder buried in c:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content\ Packages\fs-base-ui\html_ui\icons\community.

Is this the folder I am supposed to use for installing the seasons? Right now it just has a bunch of html files it and installing the seasons in it (yes, one at a time) doesn't make them show up in my simulator. Thank you!

Eric

I run steam so I have no idea where your community folder is, what you listed doesn't sound right, you might search on youtube, I think I saw a vid that explained how to find it. There is also a mod on flightsim.to that will help users to locate the proper community folder.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Not sure if it is correct or not. I run steam with a custom install path on a dedicated SSD for MSFS. The community folder location is rather simple compared to yours above. F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 hours ago, ericmay said:

Eric

Newer versions of Bijan's mod I believe have a front-end interface where you select the season(s) you want.  You don't have to even know where your community folder is.   Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure (I still run an older version, without the front-end).

Older versions of Bijan's mod did require you to manually copy the appropriate season files into your Community folder, but I do not remember any html files.   They were folders clearly marked as "Winter N Summer S" and all you had to do was copy that folder into /Community. Done.

But if you just bought Bijan mod then you should have the front end interface.  So it sounds like something is amiss with your download.  I would re-download it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thank you all for your responses.  Jimcarrel I did not even know there was a flightsim.to but as you suggested, I located the

necessary mod there and found my true community folder.  Mace you are partially correct.  You still have to put in the correct

path for the community folder, but after that, you can opt for Bijan to automatically change the seasons every 45 days.  Thanks again!