Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

How to get GA traffic when using AIG

Might try this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/adding-ga-flights-with-aig-traffic/497798/3

EDIT: Just noticed this post is ~1 month old.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 4/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, Turpentine said:

Reading this thread made me curious: is there a way to separate the GA vs airliner static parked aircraft?

The slider in MSFS affects both. What I would like is to have parked GA at smaller airports yet no parked airlines at larger ones, and instead only rely on the offline AI traffic from Simple Traffic.

I'm assuming you want to do this with Live Traffic and this has nothing to do with adding GA traffic to AIG offline traffic (something completely different from what this thread is about).

I'm going out on a limb here as I don't know if this will work or not. You might try taking just the GA traffic file (either "Traffic_stock_ga_cessna_fixed.bgl" or "Traffic_stock_ga_other_fixed.bgl") from inside the mod mentioned in the first post, renaming it to match the stock traffic filename ("trafficAircraft.bgl") and then replacing the stock MSFS traffic file located in  "...\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic"  with it.

My guess is that won't do it (I think the traffic file is for non-static aircraft), but it's worth a try.

AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A BACKUP OF ANY FILES YOU REPLACE OR EDIT!

Edit: if that doesn't work for static, you might try editing the "fs10.AircraftTypes.csv" file in notepad to remove the Aircraft types you don't wont.

AND AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A BACKUP OF ANY FILES YOU REPLACE OR EDIT!

Edited by Phantoms
  • Upvote 1

James

Which ever way you want to go, you will need some proper AI models for GA and those just aren't available right now.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 4/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, orchestra_nl said:

lately I am flying between 3000 and 10.000 feet myself in the Kodiak. It's especially funny when flying long stretches over ocean, seeing GA flying for hundreds of miles at 200-300 feet.

I ran across this today about 100 miles offshore heading from KTBR to MYGF, a cluster of small GA flights offshore. Weird indeed.

James

On 3/25/2022 at 1:35 PM, Phantoms said:

This is how I do mine. Make a copy of the file and add ".original" to it.

layout.png

Then edit the layout.json file to remove the aircraft traffic section so it looks like this.

layout2.png

Just a note that after the update (and every update) you have to do this again.

• Like 2

James

Does this mod work for Vatsim traffic too? Because after I installed AIG models, I see all GAs as the standard Asobo airliner.

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

On 3/19/2022 at 1:14 AM, Phantoms said:

Ignore them. You only want the "offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed" folder and it's files placed in your community folder and the "layout.json" file from the mod's Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic folder placed into your msfs fs-base-ai-traffic folder (after backing up the msfs original one there).

Done all of that. I delete the old msfs one right? I did everything, no traffic.

Did you turn traffic on to offline? Without this GA mod AIG usually either runs with Live Traffic, or traffic completely turned off (when using AIG-TC to inject their own traffic). With this mod, you have to turn traffic back on to offline so that the GA traffic will show up. The traffic slider inside MSFS will then control the GA traffic amount while AIG-TC will control the AIG traffic amount.

• Like 1

James

I got GA working as per the instructions (thanks), they show up in Little NavMap but I'm only "seeing" a few of them in Sim. By that I mean I saw one clear as day, but 3 others I saw their lights and nothing else from a short distance, but when I was practically on top of them they were not there at all (no lights, nothing), but they showed up on LNM still...

Is there a definitive Settings list anywhere? I'm seeing conflicting settings from users when searching here & official forums, maybe if I have that spot on then I can visibly see all the GA that LNM is showing me, thanks

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 4/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, orchestra_nl said:

Anyone noticed that lots of GA aircraft are actually flying only at 200-800 feet with this mod, even on long routes?

That's an issue with MSFS right now. Aircraft that spawn in the air will only spawn with in few hundred feet of your elevation.

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

I got GA working as per the instructions (thanks), they show up in Little NavMap but I'm only "seeing" a few of them in Sim. By that I mean I saw one clear as day, but 3 others I saw their lights and nothing else from a short distance, but when I was practically on top of them they were not there at all (no lights, nothing), but they showed up on LNM still...

Is there a definitive Settings list anywhere? I'm seeing conflicting settings from users when searching here & official forums, maybe if I have that spot on then I can visibly see all the GA that LNM is showing me, thanks

Marc, I've noticed that a little lately too. I don't know if something changed in one of the updates or it's always been there, but a few of the flights don't show the aircraft (just the lights from a distance). If it's always been there, It could be the author of the mod used a plane that's named incorrectly. I never bothered to trace it any further.

• Like 1

James

12 hours ago, MarcG said:

I got GA working as per the instructions (thanks), they show up in Little NavMap but I'm only "seeing" a few of them in Sim. By that I mean I saw one clear as day, but 3 others I saw their lights and nothing else from a short distance,

Same here. I notice this since WU10 maybe. I can see stock GA like Diamond, VL3, Bonanza but some other small GA's are only visible because they have their position lights on. Don't know how to investigate.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

On thanks guys, I could see a caravan but couldn't see a 152. Think I'll give up with the whole AI thing for now, if it's not invisible planes it's jet liners flying at 500ft!

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Aircraft not being visible might be a LOD thing. Perhaps some of the models still need to be adapted for MSFS, but it could be a bug in MSFS as well.

Hopefully Asobo will consider a major overhaul of ATC and AI once the dust around SU10 has settled.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The fix is only for offline AI Traffic. It has nothing to do with the live feature. But, just in case you decide to use the TC in offline more, you will avoid CTDs with this fix.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.