Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

How to get GA traffic when using AIG

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

3. Go to MSFS community folder and delete offline_ai_traffic_airliner_fixed. It's not needed. 

Important: If the offline_ai_traffic_airliner_fixed folder is not deleted, you will see both GA and airliner traffic when using MSFS AI offline traffic. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I've also hit the message from AIG Manager so I did the earlier trick that you mention, to remove the .aigOFF extension 🙂 hopefully it will be OK!

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Go to this folder: \Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic

Look for trafficAircraft.bgl. Does it have an aigoff extension at the end (i.e. trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff)? You might need to change the folder settings for this. To do this, click the "..." at the top right of the Explorer window, then Options=>View. Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not ticked. 

If the .aigoff extension is there at the end, rename the file, remove the extension and choose "yes" when the warning message about the file might become unusable appears. 

Thanks for the great explanation @Cpt_Piett. When checking that folder I have two files, trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff 

The one that is not “off” is dated 14 Jun (41,395,021 bytes) and the “off one is dated 27 Apr (40,551,029 KB). So I am guessing I can simply delete the off one and leave the trafficAircraft.bgl that is already there? Going to try that and test… will save a copy of the off file just in case.

Maybe this file was replaced after a recent sim update, hence I have these two?

Update: After loading up AI Manager, got the message that the traffic file is active and asked if I want to disable it. So I guess AIG specifically looks for the aigoff file, as with both the bgl and bgl.off files in that folder, the AIG message does not pop up on launching the manager. 

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Thanks for the great explanation @Cpt_Piett. When checking that folder I have two files, trafficAircraft.bgl and trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff 

The one that is not “off” is dated 14 Jun and the “off one is dated 27 Apr. So I am guessing I can simply delete the off one and leave the trafficAircraft.bgl that is already there? Going to try that and test… will save a copy of the off file just in case.

Maybe this file was replaced after a recent sim update, hence I have these two?

Yeah I think that should be ok. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

19 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I recall that I may have accepted the option to disable the traffic file, although AIG appears to be working perfectly. How can I confirm this and if so, reactivate it?

19 hours ago, vbazillio said:

I guess that disabling "default traffic file" will disable the trick to have small GA only traffic via modifying the .json. Then, you'll stay only with (liners) traffic injected by "AIG Traffic Controller".

hpHZCmv.png

When I first did this, I would have random CTDs (sometimes 20 mins into a flight, sometimes 1hr.). I reinstalled the default traffic file and just disabled it with the .json file as described. CTDs went away.

If you're not using the GA mod with AIG offline traffic then it doesn't matter because with only AIG offline (TC injected traffic) you turn MSFS traffic off altogether and MSFS never looks for it. With the GA mod you have to leave MSFS traffic turned on (offline traffic) and this is where the problems with AIG renaming that file cropped up. It seems some had the problem and other didn't. Either way, it's bad practice to rename a file if the .json file still points to it. When MSFS comes across that .json file it will look for those files and bad things can happen if they're not there. This is why the instructions said to change the .json file to remove the part that points to the default aircraft traffic file. If you do that, then MSFS never looks for that file (whether you've renamed it or not).

• Like 1

James

12 hours ago, mac44 said:

reading this with interest but just wondering how it will work..................

currently running AIG and if I set one of the traffic settings in MSFS to online - think I was already getting some GA traffic at the airports (trouble is I also seemed to get some of the stock ASOBO airliners/livery)....assume this mod will only give me AIG airliners and the ASOBO GA aircraft?

This is not meant to work with MSFS live traffic at all. MSFS live traffic provides all the traffic, GA and Airliner and AIG just model matches. If you're using MSFS live traffic then you do not need the GA mod.

• Like 1

James

9 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I tried this when it first came out and never had it working properly. I want to tray again from scratch - is there a step-by-step guide somewhere?

1st (and 2nd ) post in this thread still apply.

The second step I could have made a little clearer. It read

Install the "offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed" traffic folder/files from the mod download into your community folder (Do not install the "offline_ai_traffic_airliner_fixed").

It should have said something like:

Open the downloaded mod and copy the "offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed" traffic folder, including it's files, into your community folder (Do not install the "offline_ai_traffic_airliner_fixed").

Another words, open the GA mod you download. There will be an Official Folder and a Community Folder inside. Open the Community Folder. There will be two Folders in there. Copy only the offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed folder (including it's files) to your MSFS community folder. 

The rest of post 1 and 2 from this thread still hold true.

James

One last thing. Each time there's a Sim Update, MSFS will probably change the layout.json (putting the default traffic back in). This means after each update, you'll probably have to change the layout.json again.

James

2 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

One last thing. Each time there's a Sim Update, MSFS will probably change the layout.json (putting the default traffic back in). This means after each update, you'll probably have to change the layout.json again.

Good point. As a quick remedy for this I've got the GA mod stored in a different folder, ready to be copied over to the MSFS folder when needed. Got the whole folder structure stored so it's basically a copy-paste maneuver, then overwrite the .json file. I do the same with other mods that get overwritten, like the EU-UK ATC Phraseology Mod.

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Important: If the offline_ai_traffic_airliner_fixed folder is not deleted, you will see both GA and airliner traffic when using MSFS AI offline traffic. 

I did exactly that and yet when I turn on AI Offline traffic and turn up the slider, it adds both the GA planes AND the ugly Asobo A330 at the various gates.

I have ONLY offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed in my community folder.

I have the following ...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base-ai-traffic\layout.json file:

{
  "content": [
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/fs10.AircraftTypes.csv",
      "size": 4888,
      "date": 132379022900000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficBoats.bgl",
      "size": 1716075,
      "date": 132387798760000000
    }
  ]
}

Now, I think I overwrote the original file I had from Update X with the one that came with the mod, and I'm not sure if it's the same as the current one. Could someone post their original MS layout.json file here to compare?

What could I be doing wrong that AI Offline traffic adds Asobo airliners for me?

25 minutes ago, Belzebutt said:

I did exactly that and yet when I turn on AI Offline traffic and turn up the slider, it adds both the GA planes AND the ugly Asobo A330 at the various gates.

I have ONLY offline_ai_traffic_ga_fixed in my community folder.

I have the following ...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base-ai-traffic\layout.json file:

{
  "content": [
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/fs10.AircraftTypes.csv",
      "size": 4888,
      "date": 132379022900000000
    },
    {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficBoats.bgl",
      "size": 1716075,
      "date": 132387798760000000
    }
  ]
}

Now, I think I overwrote the original file I had from Update X with the one that came with the mod, and I'm not sure if it's the same as the current one. Could someone post their original MS layout.json file here to compare?

What could I be doing wrong that AI Offline traffic adds Asobo airliners for me?

Your .json file looks exactly like mine. It's a long shot, but I would double check that real-time traffic is not enabled in the data settings. 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Your .json file looks exactly like mine. It's a long shot, but I would double check that real-time traffic is not enabled in the data settings. 

Where would that be exactly? I'm using AIG to inject airline traffic by the way.

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Update: I found it, turned off "Real World Air Traffic" and I get the same behavior. I still get the Asobo A330 when I turn up the traffic slider (it has real airline liveries by the way).

Next I remembered that I initially got rid of the Asobo airliners by deleting the following folders in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam:
asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-quadengines
asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines

However, I noticed that as of some update, the game reinstalls them at startup if you delete them. I tried editing the layout.json in those files but that prevents AIG from loading aircraft.

Any other suggestions?

2 hours ago, Belzebutt said:

I still get the Asobo A330 when I turn up the traffic slider (it has real airline liveries by the way).

If you are seeing the default A330 with real world liveries, you have some other traffic addon active. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you are seeing the default A330 with real world liveries, you have some other traffic addon active. 

You were right, I disabled it and it doesn't appear. I moved/modified the files as per this thread and now setting Offline AI traffic to 100 gives me a handful of GA traffic at small airports, but I don't see any on the very small airfields. I'm not sure if that's the best we can get.