Sign in to follow this  

I very recently bought the Wilco Harrier product through SimMarket for my FSX SE on my Win 10 PC. Everything is fine except for the fact that there is no HUD in any livery’s cockpit. It’s just plain missing. Adjusting the HUD brightness or “thickness” dials don’t do anything at all. I’ve literally clicked on every single clickable in the cockpit and nothing brings up the HUD including shift-1. Does anybody have any advice or solution please? 

Found this on another site!  See if it helps!

Check if the HJJ_HUD.DLL gauge is declared in your DLL.XML file, the entry should be something like this, note your file path might be different depending on where you put the HJJ_HUD.DLL gauge:

Code:
<Launch.Addon>
 <Name>HJJ_HUD</Name>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>Addon Modules\HJJ_HUD.dll</Path>
 <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
 <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

EDIT: This is only valid for FSX, FSX-SE and 32 bit P3D versions. The 32 bit gauge does not work in P3Dv4.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you….but I’m not that tech savvy. Can you (or anybody) possibly dumb it down a little please? I never “placed” the HUD gauge file or app etc. anywhere….not sure what was meant by that as everything was installed using the installer at purchase. Sorry I’m a little confused and would appreciate help. 

kindest regards

Only thing I can tell you is to copy everything from what was posted above: and paste that into your DLL.XML file that is in the same place as your FSX.cfg.

Your DLL.XML is located here:   C:\Users|your computer's name\appdata]roaming\microsoft\fsx\dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
 <Name>HJJ_HUD</Name>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>Addon Modules\HJJ_HUD.dll</Path>
 <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
 <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: