Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

8 hours ago, eslader said:

My main question is how much the definition of professional has changed for JF. I had the JF L-1011 Professional back in the day and while I generally think JF is a great part of the sim community, I thought the Tristar did not live up to its professional billing. I very much like but don't require "study level" as defined by the likes of PMDG, with failures, etc  But dummy switches, departures from real world standard procedures, etc, as found in the Lockheed give me pause at these prices. To their immense credit JF offered a refund, which they did not have to do and which left a very good impression of them despite the 1011's shortcomings (which is why I've bought a bunch of other stuff from their store over the years). So I'm not upset about that purchase - just wondering about this one.

If the professional designation has been redefined upward since the 1011 days then I'm happy to buy this plane. If the level of simulation is on par with the P3d version of the QualityWings 787, for instance, with a good standard operations representation but some stuff like abnormal procedures left out or minor downgrades from regular real life like simplified cabin lighting controls, etc. If not, I'd have to think about it first.

"Professional" is obviously a marketing gimmick and has always been. Nothing that you're not being paid to use is "professional." 

• Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update today that showed and talked of the new variants/models of the 146 that are now complete.  You can find that Dev entry here: https://bit.ly/3jhcToD

Here are some shots showing some of the variants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ianb2469 said:

So…while we prepare…does anyone have any old 146 timetables/routes for the UK and Europe? I’m think the old BA Cityflyer routes? 

https://flightsimdispatch.com/

Many, many real-world 146/RJ flights in a searchable database.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update

Looking forward to when the FMS will be previewed and it's functionality showcased, as that is one key component to consider if I purchase this plane. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to this release. The price drop was welcomed, although - if the FMS appears to be mostly 100% complete, unneeded. I do agree with most of people on this forum though, that a cheaper price tag will draw in more users, which is good for everyone in our hobby. 

• Like 2

It's definitely the cargo version that's tempting me. Aesthetically, the longer fuselage suits the four engines nicely - almost a Dash-7 with jets. Plus, no complaining from the cheap seats when I pull one of my stunt landings.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

16 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Looking forward to when the FMS will be previewed and it's functionality showcased, as that is one key component to consider if I purchase this plane. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to this release. The price drop was welcomed, although - if the FMS appears to be mostly 100% complete, unneeded. I do agree with most of people on this forum though, that a cheaper price tag will draw in more users, which is good for everyone in our hobby. 

Which if any of the current MSFS 2020 aircraft have a working FMS?

Can someone bring me up to date?

Isn't the FlybyWire A320neo still in experimental stage? How about the CJ4?

Did the later revisions of the BAe146 have an FMS or will this be a fictional version? 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, Abriael said:

"Professional" is obviously a marketing gimmick and has always been. Nothing that you're not being paid to use is "professional." 

Obviously, but that wasn't really what I was asking about. At least in the old days they'd have a regular edition which was basically easy-mode, and a pro edition that was more demanding to fly.

Btw I no longer work in television, but still have Adobe Premiere Pro, so I figure that's a galaxy-ending paradox right there. 😉

6 hours ago, dobee51 said:

The FBWA320 has a nearly complete FMS. Just because there aren't many out there now, doesn't mean complete versions cant and wont hit the market. 

On 4/9/2022 at 7:52 AM, JustFlightScott said:

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update today that showed and talked of the new variants/models of the 146 that are now complete.  You can find that Dev entry here: https://bit.ly/3jhcToD

Here are some shots showing some of the variants.

spacer.png

That TNT shot has me sold. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

It has special curfew permission in YSSY which is a bit surprising as it is a fairly  noisy beast. Turbo props can also fly there in curfew hrs,

"

• Qantas Airways Ltd, Toll Transport Pty Ltd, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and Cobham Aviation Services have specific approval to operate a limited number of freight movements per week in low noise heavy freight aircraft:
    • Qantas Airways quota is 27 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Virgin Australia Airlines quota is 18 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Toll Transport’s quota is 1 BAe-146 movement per week
    • Cobham Aviation Services quota is 28 BAe-146 movements per week.
  • A lot of bus jets may also operate at yssy during curfew as can be found here if anyone wants to fly by night 

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/aviation-safety/aircraft-noise/airport-curfews/sydney/overview

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, harrry said:

It has special curfew permission in YSSY which is a bit surprising as it is a fairly  noisy beast. Turbo props can also fly there in curfew hrs,

"

• Qantas Airways Ltd, Toll Transport Pty Ltd, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and Cobham Aviation Services have specific approval to operate a limited number of freight movements per week in low noise heavy freight aircraft:
    • Qantas Airways quota is 27 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Virgin Australia Airlines quota is 18 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Toll Transport’s quota is 1 BAe-146 movement per week
    • Cobham Aviation Services quota is 28 BAe-146 movements per week.
  • A lot of bus jets may also operate at yssy during curfew as can be found here if anyone wants to fly by night 

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/aviation-safety/aircraft-noise/airport-curfews/sydney/overview

Aren't they quiet compared to other jets? Also that list you have there is the reason I'm waiting to fly. Especially the TOLL one.

29 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Aren't they quiet compared to other jets? Also that list you have there is the reason I'm waiting to fly. Especially the TOLL one.

About 85dB  

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

12 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Can someone bring me up to date?

Isn't the FlybyWire A320neo still in experimental stage? How about the CJ4?

Did the later revisions of the BAe146 have an FMS or will this be a fictional version? 

quite a few aircraft in msfs have a working FMS including default aircraft.  what they don't have many of are particularly advanced FMS,  or VNAV, which I think you might be confusing the issue with.  I expect this to have an older style FMS with no VNAV, like some of the real ones had (and like the realworld and msfs CJ)  the later Avro variants did have a more sophisticated FMS with Vnav.

31 minutes ago, harrry said:

About 85dB  

Right, only because I recall in a old documentary they were called the quiet jet or whisper jet something along them lines.