Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

Does the airplane have a pause at top of descent option?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

It's an old airplane without VNAV.  It doesn't calculate a TOD, so I wouldn't imagine there's an option for pause at TOD.  certainly can't find any option for that in the manual, or on the one circuit I flew with it.

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Does the airplane have a pause at top of descent option?

I have been using this and it works pretty well  for me. Granted MSFS doesn't have a true pause, but this will keep you from overflying the TOD if you had to step away. It's one of those "better than nothing things"😀

https://flightsim.to/file/19348/tod-calculator-pause

8 minutes ago, 454TH said:

I have been using this and it works pretty well  for me. Granted MSFS doesn't have a true pause, but this will keep you from overflying the TOD if you had to step away. It's one of those "better than nothing things"😀

https://flightsim.to/file/19348/tod-calculator-pause

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, btacon said:

Grounded for me out of the box. My VelocityOne Yoke & Throttle has a 100% axis spinner for the Trim. ALL of my current aircraft get along fine with this Trim wheel, including my four other JF planes (Arrows, Warrior, Hawk).  This plane when bound to that trim wheel it’s Trim deflects to -100% which equates to nose down Now!

Ive opened a ticket requesting a refund because I’m not changing my profile sets because 1 out of 111 planes I have does not work with its configuration. 

I knew I should have waited. Bad move on my part. Well at least the Maddog comes out tomorrow! 😀

Have you tried activating AI Auto-trim in the AI Pilot menu? It works for me, centers up the trim so I can fly now.

6 hours ago, btacon said:

Grounded for me out of the box. My VelocityOne Yoke & Throttle has a 100% axis spinner for the Trim. ALL of my current aircraft get along fine with this Trim wheel, including my four other JF planes (Arrows, Warrior, Hawk).  This plane when bound to that trim wheel it’s Trim deflects to -100% which equates to nose down Now!

Ive opened a ticket requesting a refund because I’m not changing my profile sets because 1 out of 111 planes I have does not work with its configuration. 

I knew I should have waited. Bad move on my part. Well at least the Maddog comes out tomorrow! 😀

Alternatively I can work with you to find a solution? It should be simple enough to fix once I know how your hardware is interfacing with the sim and will then benefit others too. Unfortunately there are so many hardware options nowadays that we're reliant on our testing team to check for compatibility with as many as possible prior to release. 

Martyn - Just Flight

Edited by Martyn JF
  • Like 11

Martyn - Just Flight

Is anyone else getting a loud clicking in the cockpit when AC power is applied? If so, is this realistic, because its pretty distracting! 

4 hours ago, btacon said:

Perhaps, and they probably will not issue a refund because that is their stated policy. And I’ll be honest, part of my reaction was I thought it a bit cheeky of them to release a day after saying they were in no way ready. If the bug was minor or cosmetic I would have done exactly as you suggested but it wasn’t. It grounds the plane effectively. Lastly I have been a very loyal customer of JF having at least a dozen of their wares between P3d and MSFS. If they do refund m purchase they won’t miss it at all.

-B

Thanks for your loyal custom! 

To be clear, the release wasn't rushed and only happened once we were happy with the aircraft. This has been in beta testing for several months now, and we've had many 12 hour days this month to achieve our original target date (which was chosen long before any announcements by other developers) . Yes, for a while we did anticipate having to wait until next week but the efforts of the team and feedback from our 40+ testers allowed us to avoid that delay. 

Martyn - Just Flight

Edited by Martyn JF
  • Like 12

Martyn - Just Flight

6 minutes ago, MWJ81 said:

Is anyone else getting a loud clicking in the cockpit when AC power is applied? If so, is this realistic, because its pretty distracting! 

There is a quite a lot of ambient noise like the real aircraft but clicking doesn't come to mind. Check out our videos on YouTube to hear how it should sound. 

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

4 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Wish it could incorporate a GPS so I could “cheat” on Navigation or maybe there’s already a way to follow an in-cockpit line to my destination?

Yes, that's possible. See this FAQ https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000124974-can-i-use-the-msfs-flight-planner-to-navigate-the-aircraft-

Martyn - Just Flight 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

8 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

@JustFlightScott Hey Scott, the FMS R NAV doesn't work at all in the -100 version I am flying right now. Whenever I go in LNAV mode, it just wobble left and right.  HDG mode does work. Did you guys tested with the version 0.12.13 of WT CJ4 released this week ?

This isn't a known issue but as someone else said, make sure the HSI change over switch is set to R NAV. Also confirm the HSI distance is showing a value (I.e. not dashed lines) otherwise that'd indicate the FMS doesn't have a valid flight plan to follow. 

Although our FMS is built on the WT version, it doesn't rely on the CJ4 in any way so updating that aircraft won't impact the 146.

Martyn - Just Flight 

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

8 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

There is a quite a lot of ambient noise like the real aircraft but clicking doesn't come to mind. Check out our videos on YouTube to hear how it should sound. 

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks Martyn - I can hear it in a FilbertFlys preview, so must just be ambient noise I guess. Much less obvious with headphones on & the engines started!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

This isn't a known issue but as someone else said, make sure the HSI change over switch is set to R NAV. Also confirm the HSI distance is showing a value (I.e. not dashed lines) otherwise that'd indicate the FMS doesn't have a valid flight plan to follow. 

Although our FMS is built on the WT version, it doesn't rely on the CJ4 in any way so updating that aircraft won't impact the 146.

Martyn - Just Flight 

Thank you for coming here to answer questions.

• Like 4

Aaron Ortega