Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

10 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

It has a full cabin. It's currently optimised for performance rather than detail but we will look at increasing detail if there's demand for it. 

Martyn - Just Flight 

The first time I went from the cockpit into the cabin, I was so disappointed because it wasn't there. I could see through the walls to the outside. Later I loaded a different livery and checked it using the drone camera, and there was a full cockpit, very nicely done. But I still couldn't get there from the cockpit. Still disappointed...

Later when I was playing with the EFB thingy, I saw an option with the word Cockpit in it. Badda-bing-badda-boom Full Cockpit. I was so happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darshonaut said:

please pardon me for asking, but after reading the manual (to some extent) I am wondering if this aircraft can fly a PLN I make with the worldmap or in Little Navmap via Autopilot GPS.

I usually don't fly airliners, but still this could be something for me, as it's not so modern and automated and seems to be made to fly shorter routes.
Also I just love the Arrows from JF, so I figured this can't be all bad, coming from those guys 😉

I would propably fly this Bae 148 by using VOR to VOR, but if I wanted a GPS flightplan, I was wondering if it would follow a PLN flightplan that I make in LNM, like i.e. the G1000NXi aircraft do.

cheers !

Yes, you can load a PLN file into MSFS before starting a flight in the 146 and it will be automatically loaded into the FMS for use with LNAV mode. If the the FMS is disabled (via the EFB options) then LNAV mode will always follow the MSFS flight plan.

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

11 hours ago, kurtb said:

AI PILOT menu ?

At the top of the screen, if you click on the center object you get all the different menus like weather, and fuel and one of them has a little pilot's face - AI Pilot lets you automate various things.

This is a wonderful work - i love this Plane, makes so mutch fun to fly it a bit with that older style flying a plane..👍

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

Yes, you can load a PLN file into MSFS before starting a flight in the 146 and it will be automatically loaded into the FMS for use with LNAV mode. If the the FMS is disabled (via the EFB options) then LNAV mode will always follow the MSFS flight plan.

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn

I find this a bit confusing - are you saying if you load a PLN file into MSFS it will auto load into the FMS, & the aircraft will follow the Magenta line if you use LNAV?

& if you have done that, then turn the FMS Off via the EFB, the the aircraft will still follow the Magenta line if you use LNAV.?

I've tried both scenarios, (IFR low level flights),  & in each case the aircraft did not follow the Magenta line.

I must be missing a step somewhere.

Thanks

T45

Edited by Treetops45

If you have the FMS enabled then you'll need to make sure that you have the FP SYNC option switched on (FMS > INDEX > MOD SETTINGS page). The flight plan that you've loaded in the pre-flight menu will then be automatically synced with the FMS. Then it's just a case of checking that the HSI changeover switch is set to R NAV before engaging LNAV.

With the FMS disabled, LNAV will allows follow the MSFS flight plan regardless of the FP SYNC option, again with R NAV selected on that switch.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

7 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

If you have the FMS enabled then you'll need to make sure that you have the FP SYNC option switched on (FMS > INDEX > MOD SETTINGS page). The flight plan that you've loaded in the pre-flight menu will then be automatically synced with the FMS. Then it's just a case of checking that the HSI changeover switch is set to R NAV before engaging LNAV.

With the FMS disabled, LNAV will allows follow the MSFS flight plan regardless of the FP SYNC option, again with R NAV selected on that switch.

Martyn - Just Flight

Ah!!

Many thanks.

Stunning aircraft & systems depth. Another one JF can be very proud of.

T45

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

On the small red knob ( left thumb ) on your pedelstal..

cheers 😉

Thanks, my ears can relax now

37 minutes ago, Martyn JF said:

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn

Further to our exchange on this - I followed the instruction & ended up heading 180 degrees from where I wanted to go.

After pondering further & realized I had used this FMS in another aircraft & found my notes.

I needed the following additional steps to get the FLPLN to stick:

Do all of what you say, but as well:

On the FMS hit Index (IDX) [Brings up P1 of 2]

Hit Next, for page 2

Top right page 2, hit Route Menu

LHS, hit FPLN Recall (Game)

Load FPLN comes up in Yellow.

Shortly thereafter FPLN Loaded comes up in Green

& that is what makes the 146 ride the Magenta Line, for me.😀

Cheers

T45

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

Martyn - Just Flight

I should also mention that my MSFS AP has a peculiarity whereby when the aircraft is lined up on the Magenta line & AP is engaged , it peels off & flies around before rejoining the magenta Line at its genesis.

I've just taken off from EGLC for an IFR Low Level flight on AP, to Tegel.

On engaging the AP, the 146-300 turned to the right & flew back to overfly EGLL & EGWU, before turning back to EGLC & engaging with the Flight Plan, which it is now happily following.

I believe this wandering behavior is an Asobo AP matter as it happens with most of the MSFS aircraft I fly on AP & I have read about it on various forums. I mention it in case you get any complaints.

Its not the aircraft. 😀

T45

nvm.

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 hours ago, bendead said:

Thanks, my ears can relax now

You welcome..

Killed my brain aswell, took a little while to found out " how to" 🥴

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

Martyn - Just Flight

Is this either or. I mean I understand that if I follow above steps then I can set a flightplan within MSFS and it a) loads into the fms and b) LNAV follows the flightplan. Now if I use a Simbrief flightplan, do I also apply your settings above or do I need to deactivate first the FP sync option?

just wondering as I wasn’t able to engage LNAV to follow my simbrief FP on my initial first flight with the 146 from EDDM to LOWI today. Managed to land though, using HDG primarily. Great plane. Love it so far. Just wish the annunciator lights / descriptions were more readable on my screen

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I had the same, i set up my simbrief details, downloaded the flight plan and installed fine, yet i could not get the aircraft to follow the plan.R nav was selected on the switch/ HSI , AP and LNav were engaged shortly after to, But it just flew on. Apart from that it really hand flies great, i just need to get this AP issue sorted out, probably me doing something wrong.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

I had the same, i set up my simbrief details, downloaded the flight plan and installed fine, yet i could not get the aircraft to follow the plan.R nav was selected on the switch/ HSI , AP and LNav were engaged shortly after to, But it just flew on. Apart from that it really hand flies great, i just need to get this AP issue sorted out, probably me doing something wrong.

Have a look 6 posts up. Its not Simbrief but my MSFS Flight Plan would not work until I went through the 'Load Fpln" FMS process.

T45

• Like 1