Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

1 hour ago, AJZip said:

Yes - I'm VR only too.  Superb visuals.  Other than one of Just Flight's other models I fly in X-plane, the Avro Vulcan B2 (please, please, please, Just Flight.  I'll wait a year but Pleeeeeeaaasseee!!!), which is a truly 'blow your socks off' VR experience, oh, and their Warrior...oh, and their Arrow... it's my favourite VR cockpit yet. 🙂

But yes, getting the VR mouse to hover over exactly the right place on some of the smaller switches is a bit of a learned skill and controllers aren't supported yet.

I thought I had never had any experience with Just Flight products but all of a sudden I had a memory pop into my brain about ATR-72 which I used to fly a lot in FSX days some 12 years ago. I had to go check who the publisher of that plane was and yeah... good memories 🙂

Could you elaborate a bit about vr controllers not being supported? Do you mean the more complex gestures (twist etc.) or do the controllers just not work at all for pushing switches? I have Increase and decrease mapped to my vr controller thumb stick and can do twists that way in FBW A320.

Edit. Actually the atr was a product of Flight 1? I'm not sure anymore. I'll have to check when I get on my desktop pc🙂

Edited by Kopteeni

12 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Could you elaborate a bit about vr controllers not being supported? Do you mean the more complex gestures (twist etc.) or do the controllers just not work at all for pushing switches? I have Increase and decrease mapped to my vr controller thumb stick and can do twists that way in FBW A320.

I can't be sure whether it is all headsets, but on my HP Reverb Gen 1, when I boot up the WMR controllers in either the Arrow/Warrior or BAe146, the controllers appear as normal in the cockpit view but a warning flag pops up saying that controllers are not supported.  The 'laser' will light up the switches, etc but will not manipulate/trigger them.  The VR mouse works fine.

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, AJZip said:

I can't be sure whether it is all headsets, but on my HP Reverb Gen 1, when I boot up the WMR controllers in either the Arrow/Warrior or BAe146, the controllers appear as normal in the cockpit view but a warning flag pops up saying that controllers are not supported.  The 'laser' will light up the switches, etc but will not manipulate/trigger them.

Interesting. I get the same pop up in FBW but can interact with everything. I hope it's doable somehow in Bae 146, perhaps in the future updates. I have the same headset.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I have Increase and decrease mapped to my vr controller thumb stick and can do twists that way in FBW A320.

I haven't tried that, so you might be right.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

39 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Edit. Actually the atr was a product of Flight 1? I'm not sure anymore. I'll have to check when I get on my desktop pc🙂

Flight1

• Like 1

Any repainters out there that can do the Startrak Australia Post x Qantas Freight 300qt? Which is the current VH-NJM ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Any repainters out there that can do the Startrak Australia Post x Qantas Freight 300qt? Which is the current VH-NJM ?

Put up a request on Flightsim.to and I'm sure it will be up in days.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Looking for some help.

(1) Trying to hide the Control Wheel/Yoke, per p66 of the manual:

"The control wheel can be hidden by pulling out the rudder pedal adjust knob on the corresponding side panel"

Can't find the rudder pedal adjust knob anywhere, & its labelled!

(2) To the left of the Autopilot panel - VHF/NAV frequency digits [2 rows]

Which is Active [top or bottom], & it seems to change their order if the RHS  'Act/Pre' switch position is changed.

& the LHS button lets you swap them. So there are several combos.

I need to know whether the RHS switch should be on Act or Pre & is the Active frequency the top or bottom of the 2?

Too many combos😀

Thank you

T45

Pedal adjust is just to the left of the cockpit main panel on Pilot's side (opposite position for CP as you'd expect)

(The Magnetic Compass alignment info just below and right the Pedal Adjust toggles the EFB on and off) 

spacer.png

As for NAV Radio Top is active. The switch just controls which frequency you will be modifying so I usually leave it on PRE to modify the Preview Frequency

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

Finally completed my first flight without ripping the wings off in descent - approach was an appalling mess and it's a miracle I made it down, but I did and I LOVED IT !

It's a plane that demands practise and care but it is hugely satisfying and everything I was hoping JF could deliver and more

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Really enjoying this bad boy, just a few little issues:

• The plane swerves side to side on LNAV happened on the way to Brisbane from Sydney.

Reduce speed help? It worked for me..

Edited by dobee51

By the way I am wondering if anyone knows where to find the flights british airways and air france express did?

9 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

Hi all. A new update is available, primarily targeted at fixing the trim axis issue:

Well, I installed this latest update, and now whenever I try to launch a flight with the 146, MSFS crashes to desktop.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Well, disregard. Now, after several attempts and several restarts of MSFS and PC reboots, it seems to load okay.

Edited by sniper31

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11