Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

3 hours ago, xender said:

I saw someone with that issue (But i don't remember where). Basically the solution was to switch to the msfs legacy cockpit interaction

Yes. Try holding down left button and right click too. It worked for me.

Well, the more I fly this baby C-17 the more I am loving it. Still getting to grips with all the switches and settings, but it sure is fun little chunky jet to fly in the sim! I have only completed a couple of VOR/ADF flights, so next trip will be an FMC flight. And, I am perfectly fine with a basic FMS, as I always get confused with all the options on the more advanced ones. I like switches on panels though, and this aircraft delivers those in spades 😁

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

OK - had time to work out why I couldn't manipulate the FD switch and Nav Frequencies and some of the Autopilot buttons (especially the GLS and T/L buttons for approach) in the Captain's front panel from time to time.  And it's not a JF BAe146 issue - it's an Asobo issue, presumably related to SU9.

I think in various places, the same cause or effects have been noted.  But this is the issue:

1.  In VR (at least) if the Toolbar is open, a number of controls will still shine blue when the VR mouse hovers over them but they cannot be manipulated.

2.  When the Toolbar is closed, even if the other panels (such as ATC, Kneeboard, etc) are still open, these buttons and twist knobs immediately become usable

3.  I've just replicated exactly the same issue and solution with the Cessna Skymaster (different controls locked but same effect and solution)

I haven't had time to check if the same thing is happening in 2D, but I suspect not.

I will log a bug through the Zendesk system.

In the meantime, users of the BAe146 in VR (and probably other aircraft) must remember to close the Toolbar as soon as they have finished with it until Asobo fix the bug.

Hope this helps

An aside, with this sorted, I've just had a wholly ADF and VOR flight from EGBB to EGNX in the 146-100 and had the delight of hearing the cockpit monitor announcing "Localiser Captured"  "Glide Slope Captured" and guided down to 500 feet before disengaging the A/P and completing an almost OK landing 🙂

Brilliant, Just Flight.  Simply brilliant

Edited by AJZip
  • Like 3

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, ShawnG said:

What would be the point of inputting performance data into a computer that doesn’t control the throttles?  That info needs to be input to the bag of meat between the seat and yoke that is actually doing that.

That’s hilarious 😂 

I’m guessing the only role it could play is if there were fuel planning and descent planning, but that sounds like something that the early fms models did not do. I don’t have this addon and am unaware of how the actual plane operates.

I am intrigued and really want to get this one at some point. As far as I know cargo variants of this plane were modded with tanks to fly firefighting missions which sounds very exciting and different from most of the flying I normally do.

Edited by JasonPC

6 hours ago, ShawnG said:

What would be the point of inputting performance data into a computer that doesn’t control the throttles?  That info needs to be input to the bag of meat between the seat and yoke that is actually doing that.

Some bags of meat do have to input performance data into computers on some planes that don't have auto throttles, like the Q400 for example where you have to enter fuel and weight data.

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, xender said:

Some bags of meat do have to input performance data into computers on some planes that don't have auto throttles, like the Q400 for example where you have to enter fuel and weight data.

Yes, those planes have a descent vnav mode.  Which is another thing the bae146 lacks.  It’s a plane that originally shipped with no fmc of any sort.  Other than the rudimentary tcs where you can input an OAT for a slightly assisted derate takeoff, There is no data input that can avail the 146 in it’s endeavors.

I believe that JF is planning on making the later Avro RJ variants, which are the later version of the 146, and those are more advanced and feature VNAV and other goodies requiring data input and stuff.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AJZip said:

OK - had time to work out why I couldn't manipulate the FD switch and Nav Frequencies and some of the Autopilot buttons (especially the GLS and T/L buttons for approach) in the Captain's front panel from time to time.  And it's not a JF BAe146 issue - it's an Asobo issue, presumably related to SU9.

I think in various places, the same cause or effects have been noted.  But this is the issue:

1.  In VR (at least) if the Toolbar is open, a number of controls will still shine blue when the VR mouse hovers over them but they cannot be manipulated.

2.  When the Toolbar is closed, even if the other panels (such as ATC, Kneeboard, etc) are still open, these buttons and twist knobs immediately become usable

3.  I've just replicated exactly the same issue and solution with the Cessna Skymaster (different controls locked but same effect and solution)

I haven't had time to check if the same thing is happening in 2D, but I suspect not.

I will log a bug through the Zendesk system.

In the meantime, users of the BAe146 in VR (and probably other aircraft) must remember to close the Toolbar as soon as they have finished with it until Asobo fix the bug.

Hope this helps

An aside, with this sorted, I've just had a wholly ADF and VOR flight from EGBB to EGNX in the 146-100 and had the delight of hearing the cockpit monitor announcing "Localiser Captured"  "Glide Slope Captured" and guided down to 500 feet before disengaging the A/P and completing an almost OK landing 🙂

Brilliant, Just Flight.  Simply brilliant

Very useful, thanks.  I'm in VR (only ever fly VR)  wondered why switches don't work periodically.  Knowing this is extremely useful as I was beginning to this it was a Just Flight bug.  Of course it is Asobo.  The Toolbar and window resizing issues with SU9 are frustrating too.  Unfortunately I like to fly with Navigraph window open and that is probably causing the issues.  Now that Asobo say they have a dedicated VR team I hope they fix all these toolbar and window bugs in VR for once and for all. 

• Like 1

@Martyn JF

I have assigned the speed brakes to the "spoiler axis" which is mapped to a slider. The slider's range of motion moves the speed brake lever fully including the detent for the spoilers. I haven't yet done a landing but wouldn't it be quite cumbersome to extend the speed brakes this way without engaging the spoilers (unless the spoilers only engage with weight on wheels) as I won't be able to look down? Is there a better option? Or is it okay to fully lower the speed brake lever while crossing the runway threshold?

Edit: Okay, so the manual says that the lift spoilers will only deploy once the wheels touchdown (to put it simply).

Edited by IrfanAhmed
New information came to light

Just want to say,  I had one of my best flights in flight sim two nights ago. From egnt to eglc.  I usually prefer more automation, but it was fulfilling hitting all the constraints of the flight in this wonderful bucket of odd obsolescence.  Still probably gonna be more of a 737 guy once that comes out, but Good Job JF!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I just can't get enough of this amazing aircraft, it just makes you want to fly it as much as possible! I too am used to lots of automation, I mainly fly the wonderful Citatiion Longitude but since I purchased this beauty I'm totally hooked! Hand flying it is just a dream, it's just sublime! I was worried about the lack of autothrottles but once you get used to it you realise you don't actaully need them! The best £49.99 I have spent on FS2020, thank you Just Flight for this masterpiece👍

• Like 6

i9-11900k@5.1ghz | MSI Rtx3080ti 12gb | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3600mhz | 1Tb M.2 SSD | 4K LG C1 48" TV | Asus Tuf Gaming VG27AQ 27"  | Corsair iCUE H100i  Liquid Cooler |

Any tipps on how to enter the weights, fuel and passengers into the EFB? I only manage to use the + an - buttons, when trying to enter the values manually it's a real pita......

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Just flight have done a great job with the BAe 146, imo the best regional aircraft so far.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 hours ago, Schorle said:

Any tipps on how to enter the weights, fuel and passengers into the EFB? I only manage to use the + an - buttons, when trying to enter the values manually it's a real pita......

Thank you!

Click on the Pax total box, it flashes a green outline, type the # of pax as 3 digits (e.g. 077) and hit enter