Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

One minor suggestion would be to add a bit of delay between things like the seatbelt sign and the associated cabin crew announcement.  Not a big deal but it would add a bit of immersion as currently the cabin announcements happen pretty much immediately rather than a bit of time passing for the cabin crew to get to the PA and make the announcement.

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I haven't read all 34 pages, maybe already mentioned to death but there is a colorful and printable 5 page PDF format checklist on flightsim.to.

https://flightsim.to/file/31731/bae-146-checklist-procedures-quickview

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Nice addition for BAe146 shared cockpit flights. Flight Deck Flow Diagrams (Normal Operation Checklists after Cleared for Pushback). There is a pdf with all diagrams included. If you dig a little deeper on the site, you'll find flow diagrams for the B737NG in addition to overall interesting topics. I am not the creator, but I like the blog and it fits to the topic BAe146.👍

• Like 1

Excellent, I’m really happy about the ability to click on a flap setting on the flip chart.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just fantastic updates. Love this aircraft.  the scroll feature to the OFP will be welcome!

• Like 1

just picked it up.  New type for me.  Time to do some learning.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Picked it up last Friday. I tried a flight yesterday from KIAH to KJFK, taking off at MTOW, but I got a CTD 15 NM away from KJFK (I guess triggered by AI).

But before the CTD, I could notice I had to change my FSUIPC trim settings: if I kept the offset method I use (offset 0x0BC0), as soon as I use the trim, it goes fully nose down. Setting instead Elevator Trim Up/Dn in FSUIPC (in a 146-specific profile) gives me an excruciatingly slow trim (I don't remember having this issue in the FS9/FSX QW version). Any way to fix this, while keeping the offset method for other planes? Googling this gave me no results at all...

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Sounds and reads pretty good that 1.3 update log.. 👍🏽

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 5/10/2022 at 10:03 PM, jpe828 said:

I am a huge JF fan. With the hawk, on the other forum some of us were talking about improvements and upgrades and they promptly implemented everything. Clear that they care about the product. And all of their airplanes are joys to fly. Haven't picked this one up yet because the lack of automation intimidates me lol, I am lazy... calculating TOD? No line to follow? ADF... YIKES!

Just visualise the line in your head and you'll be fine, honest ! 🙂

18 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Just visualise the line in your head and you'll be fine, honest ! 🙂

Yeah it’s so satisfying to fly even without the FMS, just vor to vor and landing with adf was the most fun I had for a long time in a sim, so challenging and awarding. Also the controllers on vatsim where so surprised to find someone flying only W equipment, everyone was asking, just VOR? Sounds like fun, also for them more to do with headings and vectors for departure and approach. 
10/10 love the bird, just hope that @FS2Crew - Start Center would make and version for it, because sometimes the workload is tough 

Edited by Bam2000
  • Like 1

I do plan on purchasing this but I am a guy who likes to poke around the aircraft. Are there any plans to update what I am guessing are P3D textures in the cabin?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, jpe828 said:

calculating TOD? No line to follow?

I'm not sure if the FMS gives a distance to go. Use the old rule of thumb: 3 x (altitude in thousands of feet) = distance between TOD and destination. Add 10 miles for allowing decceleration and, if it fails, speedbrakes.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, jpe828 said:

No line to follow?

Set HSI in RNAV mode. There's no magenta line to follow, but the CDI can make up for it.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

How do you use navigraph to update the airac in this plane?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next