Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

So great! Thanks a lot, that's what I call support. Just 1 tiny thing and not necessarily related to the 146, but whenever I start a flight with the 146, also with v1.6. and before, this below is what I see first. Have to cycle through some views to get the actual "pilot looks outside" view. anybody any hint how to adjust and save my preferred view?

spacer.png

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thanks for these continued updates Martyn and Just Flight. Great work! 🙂

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Yes, state saving needs to be enabled otherwise it will default to the Ready For Takeoff state.

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks for the quick reply!  It's great that JF is so involved in the community and responsive.  Looking forward to trying the new update!

• Like 3

Just bought this plane few days ago: what a great aircraft, so much fun with it!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, peloto said:

When the update jumps up in the Simmarket App?

The updates have been sent to them this morning so hopefully they'll be available to you within the next 24 hours.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

2 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

The updates have been sent to them this morning so hopefully they'll be available to you within the next 24 hours.

Martyn - Just Flight

I got it already, thanks!.

@Martyn JF Any hint in the 1.7 update features? hehe

23 hours ago, DAD said:

So great! Thanks a lot, that's what I call support. Just 1 tiny thing and not necessarily related to the 146, but whenever I start a flight with the 146, also with v1.6. and before, this below is what I see first. Have to cycle through some views to get the actual "pilot looks outside" view. anybody any hint how to adjust and save my preferred view?

The default "IFR" view is identical to the "Instrument" which shows the panel only. Not sure if this was intentional by the devs, I find it a little odd, too.

In any case it is easy to change:

1) either select "Wide View" as your default cockpit view in MSFS Options -> this gives you the familiar windscreen+panel view

or

2) create your own default view using the IFR PILOT VIEW SAVE and IFR PILOT VIEW RESET keyboard controls -> explained here:

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

17 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

default cockpit view in MSFS Options

thanks, will try this

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

In view of another thread this aircraft has caught my attention, is there a simple way to calculate the TOD for those who have not yet mastered the simulation ?

5 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

In view of another thread this aircraft has caught my attention, is there a simple way to calculate the TOD for those who have not yet mastered the simulation ?

Yes.  3 times difference in altitude to determine when to descend, and 5 times ground speed to determine rate of descent.  For example, to get from FL300 to FL050 you would start your descent at 75 miles out (3 x (30,000 - 5,000) / 1000).  If your ground speed is 400 knots, you would descend at 2000 feet per minute (5 x 400).

• Like 4

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

18 hours ago, Johan217 said:

select "Wide View" as your default cockpit view in MSFS Option

thanks again, that did the trick. never had to touch this setting before but well, it helped

Phil Leaven

Another question if it's not too much trouble. ... If you don't do things right with this plane bad things happen like the Leonardo ? Does it have simulated failures ?

On 6/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Aglos77 said:

Edited by ha5mvo
someone already answered...

On 6/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, Gilandred said:

Yes.  3 times difference in altitude to determine when to descend, and 5 times ground speed to determine rate of descent.  For example, to get from FL300 to FL050 you would start your descent at 75 miles out (3 x (30,000 - 5,000) / 1000).  If your ground speed is 400 knots, you would descend at 2000 feet per minute (5 x 400).

Thank you !!