Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, eslader said:

My main question is how much the definition of professional has changed for JF. I had the JF L-1011 Professional back in the day and while I generally think JF is a great part of the sim community, I thought the Tristar did not live up to its professional billing. I very much like but don't require "study level" as defined by the likes of PMDG, with failures, etc  But dummy switches, departures from real world standard procedures, etc, as found in the Lockheed give me pause at these prices. To their immense credit JF offered a refund, which they did not have to do and which left a very good impression of them despite the 1011's shortcomings (which is why I've bought a bunch of other stuff from their store over the years). So I'm not upset about that purchase - just wondering about this one.

If the professional designation has been redefined upward since the 1011 days then I'm happy to buy this plane. If the level of simulation is on par with the P3d version of the QualityWings 787, for instance, with a good standard operations representation but some stuff like abnormal procedures left out or minor downgrades from regular real life like simplified cabin lighting controls, etc. If not, I'd have to think about it first.

 

"Professional" is obviously a marketing gimmick and has always been. Nothing that you're not being paid to use is "professional." 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update today that showed and talked of the new variants/models of the 146 that are now complete.  You can find that Dev entry here: https://bit.ly/3jhcToD

Here are some shots showing some of the variants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

  • Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ianb2469 said:

So…while we prepare…does anyone have any old 146 timetables/routes for the UK and Europe? I’m think the old BA Cityflyer routes? 

https://flightsimdispatch.com/

Many, many real-world 146/RJ flights in a searchable database.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update

Looking forward to when the FMS will be previewed and it's functionality showcased, as that is one key component to consider if I purchase this plane. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to this release. The price drop was welcomed, although - if the FMS appears to be mostly 100% complete, unneeded. I do agree with most of people on this forum though, that a cheaper price tag will draw in more users, which is good for everyone in our hobby. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely the cargo version that's tempting me. Aesthetically, the longer fuselage suits the four engines nicely - almost a Dash-7 with jets. Plus, no complaining from the cheap seats when I pull one of my stunt landings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Looking forward to when the FMS will be previewed and it's functionality showcased, as that is one key component to consider if I purchase this plane. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to this release. The price drop was welcomed, although - if the FMS appears to be mostly 100% complete, unneeded. I do agree with most of people on this forum though, that a cheaper price tag will draw in more users, which is good for everyone in our hobby. 

Which if any of the current MSFS 2020 aircraft have a working FMS?

Can someone bring me up to date?

Isn't the FlybyWire A320neo still in experimental stage? How about the CJ4?

Did the later revisions of the BAe146 have an FMS or will this be a fictional version? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, Abriael said:

"Professional" is obviously a marketing gimmick and has always been. Nothing that you're not being paid to use is "professional." 

 

Obviously, but that wasn't really what I was asking about. At least in the old days they'd have a regular edition which was basically easy-mode, and a pro edition that was more demanding to fly.

 

Btw I no longer work in television, but still have Adobe Premiere Pro, so I figure that's a galaxy-ending paradox right there. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Which if any of the current MSFS 2020 aircraft have a working FMS?

The FBWA320 has a nearly complete FMS. Just because there aren't many out there now, doesn't mean complete versions cant and wont hit the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2022 at 7:52 AM, JustFlightScott said:

For those who haven't seen it already we posted a new Development Update today that showed and talked of the new variants/models of the 146 that are now complete.  You can find that Dev entry here: https://bit.ly/3jhcToD

Here are some shots showing some of the variants.

spacer.png
 

That TNT shot has me sold. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It has special curfew permission in YSSY which is a bit surprising as it is a fairly  noisy beast. Turbo props can also fly there in curfew hrs,

"

  • Qantas Airways Ltd, Toll Transport Pty Ltd, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and Cobham Aviation Services have specific approval to operate a limited number of freight movements per week in low noise heavy freight aircraft:
    • Qantas Airways quota is 27 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Virgin Australia Airlines quota is 18 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Toll Transport’s quota is 1 BAe-146 movement per week
    • Cobham Aviation Services quota is 28 BAe-146 movements per week.
  • A lot of bus jets may also operate at yssy during curfew as can be found here if anyone wants to fly by night 

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/aviation-safety/aircraft-noise/airport-curfews/sydney/overview

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harrry said:

It has special curfew permission in YSSY which is a bit surprising as it is a fairly  noisy beast. Turbo props can also fly there in curfew hrs,

"

  • Qantas Airways Ltd, Toll Transport Pty Ltd, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and Cobham Aviation Services have specific approval to operate a limited number of freight movements per week in low noise heavy freight aircraft:
    • Qantas Airways quota is 27 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Virgin Australia Airlines quota is 18 BAe-146 movements per week
    • Toll Transport’s quota is 1 BAe-146 movement per week
    • Cobham Aviation Services quota is 28 BAe-146 movements per week.
  • A lot of bus jets may also operate at yssy during curfew as can be found here if anyone wants to fly by night 

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/aviation-safety/aircraft-noise/airport-curfews/sydney/overview

Aren't they quiet compared to other jets? Also that list you have there is the reason I'm waiting to fly. Especially the TOLL one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Aren't they quiet compared to other jets? Also that list you have there is the reason I'm waiting to fly. Especially the TOLL one.

About 85dB  

  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Which if any of the current MSFS 2020 aircraft have a working FMS?

Can someone bring me up to date?

Isn't the FlybyWire A320neo still in experimental stage? How about the CJ4?

Did the later revisions of the BAe146 have an FMS or will this be a fictional version? 

quite a few aircraft in msfs have a working FMS including default aircraft.  what they don't have many of are particularly advanced FMS,  or VNAV, which I think you might be confusing the issue with.  I expect this to have an older style FMS with no VNAV, like some of the real ones had (and like the realworld and msfs CJ)  the later Avro variants did have a more sophisticated FMS with Vnav.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, harrry said:

About 85dB  

Right, only because I recall in a old documentary they were called the quiet jet or whisper jet something along them lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...