Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

12 minutes ago, Andayle said:

Anyone know if this comes with a proper full tutorial?

Actually looks like its Youtube videos.  I much prefer a PDF tutorial to start off with.  

It's a 260 page manual Andayle.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I can’t see how a purposeful release one day before the Maddog would make much difference in sales.  I wonder if the store jumped the gun?

That's a possibility, maybe it was pre-loaded in the store & someone pushed the button?

Too soon?

I think JF would help their reputation if they made some sort of statement about the dissonance between 'another weeks work' from 2 days ago, & the release today. The work required to finish the project for release - was it done, or not done??

T45

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ouch that's a no-go, if they really release just to beat the Maddog, only hours after stating that it's not ready yet and still needs at least a week full of work. I will not buy this, this does not bode well.

You cant get wrong with Justflight, that's for sure. Anything that you may notice will get fixed soon. I wont hold my purchase for this.

• Like 2

Juan Ramos

They must have stayed up all night.

Watched Leonardo pilot fly a beautiful missed approach on the FlightDeck2sim stream.

260 page color manual.

See you next year...

People now want a statement from us about the fact we've managed to release the 146 when we said we originally would.  Here you go, will have to be quick, it's been a busy few days, weeks months and more to do tonight.

The product is in tip-top condition barring any issues that you guys unearth of course.  Nothing has been left out or short circuited to enable an early release.  It's true, we did believe by the middle of the week we'd have too much to complete to enable a release this week and as people were asking for an update about a possible release, rather than stay with radio silence, we communicated as best we could at that point and tried to be realistic, at that point we though the work and testing would drift into the weekend and with the Bank Holiday here on Monday it would mean a release midweek next week.  

Things went really well from that point and excellent progress was made.  Internally our aim was to always release by the end of the month and last night it became apparent that dream might become a reality.  A massive shift from the team last night and best part of today means it's ready after intensive testing periods. 

Nothing fishy, nothing sinister we've met our original target, we feel rather proud of that and prouder of the aircraft.  It's a little (but beefy) belter.  We hope you all enjoy it, well those who purchase it anyway.

All the best folks, have a great weekend. 

Edited by JustFlightScott
  • Like 38

6 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

People now want a statement from us about the fact we've managed to release the 146 when we said we originally would.  Here you go, will have to be quick, it's been a busy few days, weeks months and more to do tonight.

The product is in tip-top condition barring any issues that you guys unearth of course.  Nothing has been left our or short circuited to enable an early release.  We did believe by the middle of the week we'd have too much to complete to enable a release this week and as people were asking for an update about a possible release, rather that stay with radio silence, we communicated as best we could at that point and tried to be realistic, at that point we though the work and testing would drift into the weekend and with the Bank Holiday here on Monday it would mean a release midweek next week.  

Things went really well from that point and excellent progress was made.  Internally our aim was to always release by the end of the month and last night it became apparent that dream might become a reality.  A massive shift from the team last night and best part of today means it's ready after intensive testing periods. 

Nothing fishy, nothing sinister we've met our original target, we feel rather proud of that and prouder of the aircraft.  It's a little (but beefy) belter.  We hope you all enjoy it, well those who purchase it anyway.

Thanks Scott. I looks good so far. I loaded the aircraft quickly. Great FPS performance from my side. it's going to be a fun aircraft to learn.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 4

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

Nothing fishy, nothing sinister we've met our original target, we feel rather proud of that and prouder of the aircraft.

Thanks for those quick and open words. Very much appreciated. Will pick it later this weekend for sure

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

The product is in tip-top condition barring any issues that you guys unearth of course.  Nothing has been left our or short circuited to enable an early release.  We did believe by the middle of the week we'd have too much to complete to enable a release this week and as people were asking for an update about a possible release, rather that stay with radio silence, we communicated as best we could at that point and tried to be realistic, at that point we though the work and testing would drift into the weekend and with the Bank Holiday here on Monday it would mean a release midweek next week.  

Thanks for the swift and thorough explanation.

Appreciate the update. Massive all nighter by the sounds of it.

Have just read the product description & it is very impressive.

Purchasing within the hour.😃

T45

This is indeed, great news and just in time for the weekend! Thank you! 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Thank you so much! Just installed her. Will need to wait a few hours to try her out. Really looking forward to it!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Awesome surprise!  There goes my social plans for the weekend between this and the maddog lol.

Thanks the the notes @JustFlightScott and kudos to the team for pushing this over the finish line!  Sounds like a great effort was put forward.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just purchased this with their 10% discount from the P3D version. Too good to miss this. Going to be a very expensive year as they say.

Update

Very pleased with this product.

FMS works or disable in EFB to use MSFS LNAV. Pilots can be activated there too which looks incredible. Weights/fuel is done in MSFS itself.

Edited by 40track
Added info
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I smell something fishy too...but never one to imply anything...

That's awful and you knew what you were implying. Really disappointing from such a respected member of the community.

Good luck to Just Flight with this release. It looks fabulous. I'm not really one for so-called study level aircraft but I am tempted by this.

• Upvote 1