Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

I'm stumped... MSFS says installed but is not

I'm a little (a lot) late seeing this, but I had an experience with MS Store not allowing download.  I had a hard drive crash and bought a new computer.  Having had MSFS 2020 for a while, I tried to download it - using the data that I had when I purchased the program.  It was showing the purchase in the store and when I would try to download, it would just go back to the store page.  I tried all the "help" procedures on Zendesk (which are lengthy) but to no avail.  After digging around through all the contact information, I found a phone number.  I called it and talked to about 8 - 10 people, being transferred around the world for 4.5 hours.  I even talked with the Windows guy, who took over my computer (I allowed it) to see if there was something triggering the rejection.  Many of the people I talked with were hardly understandable as I speak English and no other languages.  The last one I talked with was a lady with a decidedly Spanish accent, who told me to file for a refund - that it had been set up for me.  I went that route and, after a few days was denied - saying that I had had it too long.  I went to Steam (yes, I like MSFS 2020) and bought the same level (Deluxe) and have never had a problem.  About three months after the Steam purchase, I looked in the Store and my purchase was still there and I clicked on it and it downloaded!  I now have two versions on the same computer and both work equally well.  My wallet is somewhat lighter, but I keep them both up to date and randomly fly both - at different times as both tie together and I have to log off one with an X-Box warning to fly the other (No problem since they are both on the same computer).  Good luck with getting it fixed - but had I known - I would have only used Steam as it is never a problem to download, etc.

Edited by Old_As_Dirt

John Wingold

After 2 days I still cannot reinstall MSFS!   I did reinstalled W10 and even so installing MSFS  through MSFSStore/Abox app I get error 0x87e00017. Googling this error I find no suitable solution for the problem.

I do have in MSStore: Microsoft Flight Simulator, Digital Ownership and Microsoft Flight Simulator:Premium deLuxe Edition. These are also available in XBox App.

What is the correct installation procedure?     

Edmundo Azevedo

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

maybe the RTX 40xx series will be the one

RTX 3090 will do - watch the 11.4 GB VRAM in use

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

No addons yet but in this area I more than doubled my FPS.  Naturally GPU limited hehe.... maybe the RTX 40xx series will be the one!

51918854582_5893256ebf_k.jpgUntitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

How well does it perform while taxiing at airports like DFW? Set terrain lod to 200 and let me know if it's smooth. Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

How well does it perform while taxiing at airports like DFW?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

I'm hoping for 30 locked. Looks good and I'm hoping that it's smooth while panning. My main issue with my older CPU is that at most payware airports in high density areas, I get sluggish panning at anything above 60 terrain LOD setting. Everything else with my 12 year old i7 2600K is very good with my 1080P monitor. Thanks for posting the pics.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

How well does it perform while taxiing at airports like DFW? Set terrain lod to 200 and let me know if it's smooth. Thanks.

Haven't tried yet but taxiing would be smoother than flying at 250 kts , LOD 400, high glass refresh rate in NYC heh.  The screenshot flight was pretty smooth...a few minor stutters here and there.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, turbomax said:

RTX 3090 will do - watch the 11.4 GB VRAM in use

Ugh the price on those is nuts hehe.  Saw one for 2400 bucks at my local microcenter.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Saw one for 2400 bucks at my local microcenter.

supposedly going down from here on, there is more supply than ever.

very nice.

6 hours ago, turbomax said:

supposedly going down from here on, there is more supply than ever.

It's just insane.  Newegg even has the 3060 ti for less than $1000 US.  ☺️

ns

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

It's just insane.  Newegg even has the 3060 ti for less than $1000 US.  

Yes, Insane!  I paid $849.99 for a 3070TI back in late August from a Newegg Shuffle!  Appears Newegg stopped doing the daily Shuffles, which most often bundled a GPU and some other item, forcing you to buy both.  I won a Shuffle that included a MOB and then merely sold the MOB on eBay.  Made a couple of bucks off the MOB purchase prince, but then eBay fees bit into that a fair bit.

Perhaps ending the daily Shuffles is a good sign of increasing supply......

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 3/3/2022 at 11:20 PM, ryanbatcund said:

New PC. 

Ryan,
Why not now, back up and running, update your systems specs in your profile footer........

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ugh the price on those is nuts hehe.  Saw one for 2400 bucks at my local microcenter.

Don't give in to buying a 3090 for that money.  If you are going to tick off the wife at least do it over a brand-new 4080ti or something.

So what are you doing with the 4790 cpu / mb?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Yes, Insane!  I paid $849.99 for a 3070TI back in late August from a Newegg Shuffle!  Appears Newegg stopped doing the daily Shuffles, which most often bundled a GPU and some other item, forcing you to buy both.  I won a Shuffle that included a MOB and then merely sold the MOB on eBay.  Made a couple of bucks off the MOB purchase prince, but then eBay fees bit into that a fair bit.

Perhaps ending the daily Shuffles is a good sign of increasing supply......

The "I'm Not Waiting Any More" tax has been up there for a while.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Ryan,
Why not now, back up and running, update your systems specs in your profile footer........

Thanks for the reminder!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |