Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Help with AIG update

I need a bit of help. I have been successfully using AIG AI planes for quite a while, my airports have been well populated.

Now, with the required update to the software, I find I have perhaps 1 or two planes where previously there were dozens. 

For instance at Heathrow, there was only 1 Air New Zealand and one Qantas at mid-day today.

The Menus are not as "obvious" as previously and I can't find where to see what planes I might have or how to activate them.

Can someone please help?

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

have you downloaded AIG Traffic Conroller too? More and more AIG flightplans use the AIGFP format rather than BGL and AIG Traffic Controller is required to run these..

Make sure you have the latest version downloaded, and in the settings point to the location of your AIG-OCI folder so it knows where to extract the flightplans and models from.

Also, in AI Manager, go to settings and select to use AIGFP flightplans and point to the location of your AIG Traffic Controller .exe. 

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ian S said:

have you downloaded AIG Traffic Conroller too? More and more AIG flightplans use the AIGFP format rather than BGL and AIG Traffic Controller is required to run these..

Make sure you have the latest version downloaded, and in the settings point to the location of your AIG-OCI folder so it knows where to extract the flightplans and models from.

Also, in AI Manager, go to settings and select to use AIGFP flightplans and point to the location of your AIG Traffic Controller .exe. 

Thanks. I have the latest files. I did not know about theTraffic controller setting. I will try that and see.

Incidentally what are AIGFP files?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

56 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Thanks. I have the latest files. I did not know about theTraffic controller setting. I will try that and see.

Incidentally what are AIGFP files?

AIGFP are a different method of recording the flightplans that AIG designed. If i recall correctly they follow more realistic flightpaths rather than just point to point ones in the .bgl format. If you go into AIG Manager,  click on the FlightPlans button on the left hand side, this will list all the flightplans you have installed. Have a look at the Source column, it will say BGL or AIGFP. The AIGFP plans traffic won't appear if AIG Traffic Controller is not configured correctly. I note in my list both BA and Emirates are AIGFP plans, I suspect yours are the same hence the reason you are seeing minimal traffic at Heathrow. Click on the other FlightPlans button on the top of the main page, ensure you tick Use AIGFP-Files when possible, underneath you need to point to the directory where your AIG Traffic Controller is found, just use the Select button to find it. 

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

It's worth AIG TC right, I flew EGCC-LOWS earlier in the week and there was an aircraft ahead, 2,000ft above me, which was clearly following the same airway I was on!  It works!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

13 minutes ago, Ian S said:

AIGFP are a different method of recording the flightplans that AIG designed. If i recall correctly they follow more realistic flightpaths rather than just point to point ones in the .bgl format. If you go into AIG Manager,  click on the FlightPlans button on the left hand side, this will list all the flightplans you have installed. Have a look at the Source column, it will say BGL or AIGFP. The AIGFP plans traffic won't appear if AIG Traffic Controller is not configured correctly. I note in my list both BA and Emirates are AIGFP plans, I suspect yours are the same hence the reason you are seeing minimal traffic at Heathrow. Click on the other FlightPlans button on the top of the main page, ensure you tick Use AIGFP-Files when possible, underneath you need to point to the directory where your AIG Traffic Controller is found, just use the Select button to find it. 

Well, one thing is that I only have ONE AIGFP and that is the US Coast Guard. Not likely to appear at Heathrow! All the others are BGL which makes it very odd that nothing is appearing where it used to. All the settings are now what you suggest, so I am going to try once more. If it doesn't work this time, I might have to delete all AIG files and start again. but really don't want to spend another 2 weeks of downloading .

Try and just r

2 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Well, one thing is that I only have ONE AIGFP and that is the US Coast Guard. Not likely to appear at Heathrow! All the others are BGL which makes it very odd that nothing is appearing where it used to. All the settings are now what you suggest, so I am going to try once more. If it doesn't work this time, I might have to delete all AIG files and start again. but really don't want to spend another 2 weeks of downloading .

try just the BA AIGFP file. If that works at Heathrow you know you are on the right track.

Ian S

38.jpg

BA is BGL on my list.

I have just tried again and still only Air NZ and QANTAS have a plane at EGLL. My FSUIPC AI counter says only 3 aircraft.

I just cannot see what is wrong.

Well, at least I have the weekend ahead to try to sort it.

@IanHarrison, I touched nothing regarding my downloaded BGL files and all is okay. Are you sure you're not limiting the number of AI with FSUIPC? Check the Traffic tab.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can also set in AI Manager for it to use only bgl's when able as very few of the airline packages actually need to use AIGTC. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@IanHarrison, I touched nothing regarding my downloaded BGL files and all is okay. Are you sure you're not limiting the number of AI with FSUIPC? Check the Traffic tab.

I did nothing also, just installed the new files and everything stopped working. I will check FSUIPC but that was also working fine before and I'm sure it won't have just reset itself.

Ah the fun and mystery of having a PC.

Edit. This sunny morning at 9.30 local with the temp. approaching 25C, I have had success.

All the Flight plans which I had previously, were still in the proper directory and the location was still correct in AIG Manager. Recompiling didn't help. 

The plan that has worked was to uninstall all the old plans and re-install from scratch. Luckily the new servers are quick and since starting ar 7am I have successfully repaired about 50 different airlines. Quite enough for the time being.

What caused the links to break and why they couldn't be repaired is still a mystery but as The Bard wrote " all's well that ends well."

Edited by IanHarrison
Further developments
  • Like 1

Another problem.

Do you need to have both AI Manager and Traffic controller loaded while flying in order to have AI traffic?

Not sure what happened today but I left FAOR with about 50 AI in the FSUIPC counter. After about 30 minutes it seemed as though a switch had been thrown and there were only 2 planes listed for the rest of the flight , including landing at FACT. 

Is there some setting I have missed?

Ian

Hi Ian. You don’t need AIM running but TC is required to inject Ai from the AIGFP files.

If you shut down TC that would remove any AIGFP aircraft leaving only those generated via BGLs.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also use Vox ATC when I am flying B 737 NGXu,and it only use bgl files to generate AI traffic.  Since I have updated AIG AIM and TC,most of my flightplans are now AIGFP files, and that meen when flying with ATC, I only have some few AI airlines, and all the major airlines are gone. Is it a way to go back and  install  an older version of AIGAIM and all AI flightplans as bgl files as long as I like to  use Vox ATC?

Tor Arild Danielsen

I installed on main P3D \ Scenery \ World \ Scenery all the .bgl files of Traffic Files and the AI planes in main P3D\ SimObject \ Airplanes generated in AIGAIM - OCI and I don't detect AI aircraft display problems.

Obviously I have eliminated the startup of AIManager in P3D Addons.

I used the free AIFP3 program which, in addition to detecting and reporting any errors in the compilation of flight plans in the .bgl files like, for example, ICAO of apt. incorrect, allows you to vary the % of use of each individual flight plan of the Company, update the flight plan and, what I did, insert "my" flight plans using the three files Flightplans_ (airline name) .txt, Airports_AI.txt and Aircraft_AIG.txt that the program can display after the execution of the .bgl file of the chosen airline's flight plan.

Once the change has been made, the program recompiles the new .bgl file, obviously if everything has been done correctly and the new .bgl file it should be replaced with the one in main P3D \ Scenery \ World \ Scenery.