Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Carenado Surprised !

I purchased a few Carenado Aircraft when I started with MSFS.  I had read many negative reviews about this Developer, , but decided to give them a try anyway. The first aircraft I got was the Mooney. The Mooney had some problems right away, and after a couple of weeks Carenado released a patch, then followed by another patch. At this point I had problems keeping the engine running after landing due to an idle speed that was too low and it seemed it had lost some cruise and climb power too. I put the Mooney in the hangar for a couple of months while I flew the DC6 and  the Kodiak.  

I read a couple of weeks ago that Carenado had released some patches for two of my aircraft, the Mooney and the Seminole. I got the Mooney out of the hangar, installed the update,  and started flying it, and guess what, all the bugs are fixed, and it flies great!! Not only that but they added the GTN 750 capability to the Mooney as well as the Seminole . I think they did a good job with these two aircraft, they fly well, they look good, in fact I just took off from Zurich on the way to Geneva, and the Mooney climbed to 9,000 with no problem at all. Right now I am cruising along at 9,000 with a TAS of 176 knots.  I am happy with my Carenado Aircraft. 

spacer.png

• Like 11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What a great paint on that Mooney ha ha!

Glad it hear they've fixed the bugs.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

What a great paint on that Mooney ha ha!

Glad it hear they've fixed the bugs.

Your paint job is great,  !!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

fuel pump sound being extremely loud in outside view still isn't fixed on the Mooney.

Did they fix the engine performance that was killed after the xbox update?

What about the engine sound bug (most Carenado aircrafts have buggy engine sounds that alternate between different sounds after a few minutes).

Yes, the sound issues are still not fixed but other than that, it's pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

fuel pump sound being extremely loud in outside view still isn't fixed on the Mooney.

Did they fix the engine performance that was killed after the xbox update?

What about the engine sound bug (most Carenado aircrafts have buggy engine sounds that alternate between different sounds after a few minutes).

Don't know about the fuel pump sound, I don't spend much time in outside view with the fuel pump running....I believe I answered the performance in my post. Don't notice any sound problems with the engine. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Don't know about the fuel pump sound, I don't spend much time in outside view with the fuel pump running....I believe I answered the performance in my post. Don't notice any sound problems with the engine. 

That's with or without the mod that boosts engine performance?

Bleh ..thought this thread was gonna be about a surprise Carenado bizjet released.😒

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

That's with or without the mod that boosts engine performance?

No mod, I never like the idea of putting a turbo mod on a non turbo aircraft. 

Just did a test flight with the Mooney and I'm again getting this engine sound bug (couple minutes after turning on the engine, the sound suddenly changes to a different engine) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Just did a test flight with the Mooney and I'm again getting this engine sound bug (couple minutes after turning on the engine, the sound suddenly changes to a different engine) 

HUH!!!  I have flown this Mooney around 10 hours in the last few days, and I don't hear any abnormal engine sounds. Maybe you should check your sound settings. 

39 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Me too. It's a well known fault with a few of the Carenado addons and has stopped me flying the Mooney altogether. If I change to the exterior camera and then go back to the cockpit the engine sound has changed completely. I was hoping it would be fixed in the last update. 

Carenado planes are "OK" they look pretty but that's it.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Have to try the Seminole then ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

22 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Me too. It's a well known fault with a few of the Carenado addons and has stopped me flying the Mooney altogether. If I change to the exterior camera and then go back to the cockpit the engine sound has changed completely. I was hoping it would be fixed in the last update. 

I just did what you said around 10 times, and there was zero difference in the sound when going to external and back to the cockpit., Exactly the same????

• Like 1