Sign in to follow this  
MCR1984

AAO (web)FIPs - Load Layout as "event"

Hello Lorby_SI,

first of all, thank you for this very nice software and work of yours! Very much appreciated!

Quick question: I am wondering, is there a way to load different webFIP Layouts any other way than clicking through the menus?

I was planning on creating a few different web Layouts for a small screen and it would be great to be able to cycle through them the click of a button. From what I understand this would be possible if this was able to be an event wich could be assigned to a button. I'm not an expert in AAO but spend browsing through the options and documentation for a while now, without finding any hint on how to possibly do this.

Appreciate your Feedback or any help on this issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael

Hello Michael,

at the moment this is not possible, there are only three events for the desktop FIPs to open/close/toggle them and none for the web variant.

Since a layout is tied to the aircraft that you fly, it didn't seem necessary to provide additional access. The sequential switching is tricky to do, and I'm not sure that it is even possible, but I will put it on the list of things to be looked into for AAO 2.27.

Might not be possible: the reason is, that the layout is the web page that you are calling. So when the layout is changed on the AAO side, the entire page has to be reloaded in your browser too. That means some extra JS code on top of what needs to be done in AAO, and that whole package may well require a significant effort.

Best
Oliver

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI