Sign in to follow this  
RXP

PSA: OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1) is now live!

New update is out, click the link in the first post.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

For some reason, even though I am geting a green active notice I can't see the menu in VR ie Ctr+F2. Any ideas why. It used to work fine before the latest update (OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1))... Windows 10, store MSFS and Reverb G2.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:11 AM, Bilbosmeggins said:

I took on board what you said about not using Cull for the outer ring, so double-checked my settings. It wasn’t set to Cull, and nor is it now, but the problem persists. On the whole, it doesn’t cause too many issues, as I already know what most of the menu texts say.  But it can, occasionally, be a tad  problematic when I can’t read the text, nor guess. 

Having said all of that, my actual in-game experience is much, much better now, so I’ll just have to live with the above as a necessary evil. Thank you very much for all of the blood, sweat and tears that you have poured into this little miracle of an app. Much appreciated 🙂

It's a known bug, where FFR is being incorrectly applied to the menu window. You can temporarily disable FFR while in the menu.

Well try to fix it, but it's not trivial.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, Paulcoy said:

For some reason, even though I am geting a green active notice I can't see the menu in VR ie Ctr+F2. Any ideas why. It used to work fine before the latest update (OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1))... Windows 10, store MSFS and Reverb G2.

I had the same problem at first, then I realised that I'd re-mapped the keys.  The down key brings up the menu, so for me it's now CTRL+Down Arrow

5 hours ago, mbucchia said:

It's a known bug, where FFR is being incorrectly applied to the menu window. You can temporarily disable FFR while in the menu.

Well try to fix it, but it's not trivial.

Thanks for the heads-up. At least I know that it’s not my PC arsing about 🙂

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

1.0.3 was just pushed out not to long ago...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 3/25/2022 at 9:31 AM, dogmanbird said:

A little off topic here, but for DCS lovers who haven't already discovered it, this app below works very well for me so far and has a noticeable FPS gain, plus you can use the OpenXR Toolkit with it (maybe with a couple of bugs I haven't yet encountered)

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/295123-update-243-v061-openxr-quickstart-guide-for-g2-g1-and-other-headsets/

In addition, there is a very active dedicated channel with the Open-Composite ACC developer in our OpenXR Toolkit Discord, where you'll find lots of help and cutting edge information!

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Newb question...I've downloaded Openxr through the windows store and then downloaded this version through the link in the first post.  Do i now have two installations of Openxr or does the installation in the first post here update the windows store version?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Newb question...I've downloaded Openxr through the windows store and then downloaded this version through the link in the first post.  Do i now have two installations of Openxr or does the installation in the first post here update the windows store version?

OpenXR is the program itself.  The OpenXR Toolkit is a set of tools to adjust the settings within it and so they are two totally different things. 

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

in addition to OpenXR Toolkit, and to add to the confusion, there's also an "OpenXR Tools" which recently had it's name changed from "OpenXR Developer Tools". It too is in the MS store. It will allow you to set a fixed render scale and turn reprojection on/off. All 3 applications (including OpenXR itself) can coexist and you use the two tools to tweak various things 

Edited by dogmanbird

I tried this toolkit but I could only get the menu on screen in vr for about 5 seconds. Too short a time for me to change any settings by the time I find the keys it’s gone ?  I am probably doing something  totally wrong !   Can you adjust the settings in 2D then launch into vr ?

cheers 

😎

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11