Sign in to follow this  
Tezbedz

VrInsight FCU Airbus

Hi

Using FSX a few years ago I was using the VrInsight Airbus FCU, after MSFS was released I couldnt get it working with the New Flight Sim and I am sure I remember there was a problem with getting the correct info from Asoba.

Am I right in now thinking that the  FCU now works with Linda and MSFS?

I've updated LINDA and FSUIPC to the latest version and downloaded the FBW A320NX module..

Do I still use the VrIsim.exe?

I currently use a X Touch Mini with Axis & Ohs for overhead buttons etc using FBW A320 will this still work if I am using Linda to run the FCU

Edited by Tezbedz

Using VRiSim.exe I have managed to get a few of the knobs and switches working.

LINDA itself though was not detecting the FCU..

I thik last time I used this I didn't need to use VRisim.exe

For MSFS2020 LINDA 4.1.4 provides the functionality as previous versions with FSX. It has required significant modification to work with the new simulator. You also need the latest paid version of FSUIPC7 (7.2.15). You need to read the guidelines and release notes.

There are only a couple of LINDA modules available so far, the most comprehensive is the FBW A32NX 1.0.2a. This works with the VRi MCP Combo 2 panels (both Boeing and Airbus). You need to ensure the correct com port is selected.

I am unfamiliar with the X Touch Mini you mention and can not say whether it will work with LINDA 4.1.4. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Than Andrew for your help.

I have LINDA 4.1.4 and FSUIPC 7.2.16 (Registered) installed and MSFS Is up to latest updte.

When I start MSFS, FSUIPC starts too.When I start LINDA on the CONFIG ChecklSt  I have 3 green "everything is ok". Despite pressing the Reload LUA Engine button after  a few minutes I still get "wait" under sync.

I have the FBW A320 Module loaded which shows orange

One thing I have noticed from your list of items in FSUIPC Folder is I don't have FSUIPc7.dll.

On the download page for FlyByWire Airbus... v10.2a there are instructons to add lines to FSUIPC.ini one is add block  [WAPI] / EnableWAPI=yes. Should the slash [/]  be in front of Enable?

The other thing is IhaveCDU Device disabled, I cant find a reference to it in Vrisim?

Thanks for your help

The FSUIPC7.DLL is now FSUIPC7.EXE with MSFS. I have corrected this.

The FSUIPC7.INI entry was a reference to the FSUIPC Advanced User documentation. It should be:

[WAPI]

EnableWAPI=yes

VRSim does not reference the CDU if plugged in.

If you are still experiencing problems please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs.

FSUIPC7 7.3.0 is now available for download.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hallo, 

I followed the procedure for the installation of the A320FBW for the FCU of Vrinsight, I receive the information on the FCU but the buttons remain inactive, I do not understand... 
Thank you!

8 hours ago, Djije said:

I followed the procedure for the installation of the A320FBW for the FCU of Vrinsight, I receive the information on the FCU but the buttons remain inactive, I do not understand... 

Please read and follow the fault diagnosis procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. I can not guess what it going wrong. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

@Djije thank you for the logs. Although you did not fully follow the procedure (no LINDA logging data recorded see FSUIPC7.log), I can see that FSUIPC7 is not finding your FCU panel on either com0 or com3. Check that you have the correct comports set in FSUIPC7.ini [vrinsight] block and in LINDA VRI Setup page. You will get the correct comports by using Windows Device Manager. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

thanks for the quick answer, in fact I receive the data on the vrinsight but the buttons of the VRI are inactive. and the Alti is wrong..spacer.png

There is an issue with the LINDA FBW module v1.0.2 with the Altitude display synchronisation. I am still investigating a solution.

if you turn on full verbose logging as per the fault diagnosis procedure and tick the FSUIPC VRI logging on the LINDA Console you will see whether your FCU knobs and buttons are being read.

Have you changed the functions assigned for v1.0.2? We carried out a major renaming exercise to improve future support. If you delete your existing configuration file (/LINDA-cfg/aircrafts/FBW A3NX/config-MCP2A.LUA) and restart LINDA it will load a new working default configuration. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

thanks for the help. new, after following your advice:
the Baro button is active and so are the frequencies. the rest is inactive.
I must say that the previous versions of LINDA and FUIPC with the FBW module worked.

spacer.png

@Djije the partial log screenshot shows that data is being written to the MCP and that the VVS knob (at least) is being read. I need to see what functions are assigned to the MCP sub panel. You appear to be changing the LINDA logging level - leave it on Verbose.  I have not seen the red error lines before but this appears to be an SimConnect issue).

Please start MSFS, aircraft, FSUIPC7 and LINDA in that order. Wait a couple of minutes, press Reload LUA Engine and wait for LINDA to show READY (under Sync To Sim). Operate all the knobs and buttons. Exit FSUIPC7.

Then email me the FSUIPC7.log and LINDA2.log together with the aircraft’s confit-MCP2.lua (in /LINDA-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft}/).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

@Djije thank you for the latest logs. The config-mcp2a.lua is the correct one created from the .default file.

You are using an old version of FSUIPC7. This is no longer supported and I can not get an answer on what may be causing the TransmitClientErrors. Please download and install v7.3.0.

The only LINDA LUA errors relate to the EFIS ND Mode and Range Lvars.

441437 *** LUA Error: C:\FSUIPC7\linda/aircrafts/FBW A320/actions.lua:295: attempt to compare number with nil
   442344 *** LUA Error: C:\FSUIPC7\linda/aircrafts/FBW A320/actions.lua:301: attempt to compare nil with number
   442781 *** LUA Error: C:\FSUIPC7\linda/aircrafts/FBW A320/actions.lua:339: attempt to compare number with nil
   442828 *** LUA Error: C:\FSUIPC7\linda/aircrafts/FBW A320/actions.lua:345: attempt to compare nil with number
   442859 *** LUA Error: C:\FSUIPC7\linda/aircrafts/FBW A320/actions.lua:339: attempt to compare number with nil

This suggests that the Lvars are not fully loaded. With MSFS, aircraft and FSUIPC7 running, open LINDA and select LINDA Tracer. What numbers are displayed under Lua Variables (top left corner)? You should see at least 1300/1300 or greater. If not try clicking Reload Lvars list. If you type 'ND_MODE' and 'ND_RANGE' into the Lvars Filter it should display the matching Lvars. If not, it confirms that 

I suggest you try loading the default FBW A320 Neo livery. Some liveries have unusual effects.

Please rerun the tests with FSUIPC logging Log VRi Events ticked. Operate those knobs that are not working for you. Send me the logs again.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have received the latest logs thank you. The fact that you are only seeing just over a 1000 Lvars is why the functions for the FCU are not working. MSFS and WASM are slow to build the list of all available Lvars.

The start up sequence timing is very important. After starting MSFS and loading the aircraft ready to fly, wait at least a minute be you try to start FSUIPC7 followed by LINDA (if it doesn’t start automatically). Once everything running. Click Reload LUA Engine and wait for LINDA to report ready. Select LINDA Tracer to confirm that the number of Lvars is at least 3000. If not come back to me,

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Houston, we have a problem... the Baro knob is active, the metric alt knob is ok, the FD, ILS knobs are ok and so are the frequencies. the rest of the knobs are  inactive.

it's work with normal aircraft.. spacer.png