Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Toolbar Pushback Now has Pushback Pre-Planning

Still waiting to see a good version of conventional pushback in MSFS. Lifter tugs are okay and I appreciate that it's technically easier to implement in the sim, but towbar pushbacks still tend to be more commonplace.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Toolbar pushback is working quite well for me - with its audio turned off. With audio on it can “get stuck” and pilot and ground crew are repeating things several times and talking on top of each other. 

Pre-planning is amazing. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

56 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

and pilot and ground crew are repeating things several times and talking on top of each other. 

Same problem but it happens randomly, not on every pushback. Hopefully dev figures out what is causing that and can update with a fix.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

This  program interferes (As I believe is well known) with my Thrustmaster rudder controls (I cannot use rudder control to taxi).  Am I wrong ?

David Hinson

4 hours ago, MDFlier said:

The little airplane picture disappears as you move it, and the blue line comes and goes. 

I actually had a similar issue planning an overnight flight last night, from Hong Kong to Heathrow. But I was using my main monitor. As soon as I loaded up the pre-planner, the static aircraft symbol disappeared after a second. Happened every time I restarted the planner. Off to load another flight quickly to see if it reoccurs...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:
5 hours ago, MDFlier said:

The little airplane picture disappears as you move it, and the blue line comes and goes. 

I actually had a similar issue planning an overnight flight last night, from Hong Kong to Heathrow. But I was using my main monitor. As soon as I loaded up the pre-planner, the static aircraft symbol disappeared after a second. Happened every time I restarted the planner. Off to load another flight quickly to see if it reoccurs...

I have seen this too but only when I try to zoom in/out on the preplanning window. I found that by not zooming and rather just dragging the plane icon across the window (if the desired pushback stopping point is not visible in the initial window) prevents the plane from disappearing.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, DaveH said:

This  program interferes (As I believe is well known) with my Thrustmaster rudder controls (I cannot use rudder control to taxi).  Am I wrong ?

David Hinson

My thrustmaster rudder pedals work just fine with the toolbar pushback. 

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I found that by not zooming

Yes, that does appear to be the issue. Scrolling to turn the plane seems ok, it's Ctrl + scroll to zoom which does it. Annoyingly, you can't simply close the pushback and re-open it. The only 'fix' is to quit the flight and reload it. Hope that gets fixed soon.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

14 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Yes, that does appear to be the issue. Scrolling to turn the plane seems ok, it's Ctrl + scroll to zoom which does it. Annoyingly, you can't simply close the pushback and re-open it. The only 'fix' is to quit the flight and reload it. Hope that gets fixed soon.

If you click enter to "accept" after it disappears, then click the "cancel planned pushback" button, then start a new plan the plane reappears. Has always worked for me.

• Like 1

It is enough when you resize the planning window a little to get back the plan preview once it has vanished.
No need to restart a flight or the pushback itself

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

If you click enter to "accept" after it disappears, then click the "cancel planned pushback" button, then start a new plan the plane reappears. Has always worked for me.

Good spot, thanks.

16 minutes ago, guenseli said:

It is enough when you resize the planning window a little to get back the plan preview once it has vanished.
No need to restart a flight or the pushback itself

Another god spot, thanks, although it kept disappearing each time I placed a new spot in the planner.